PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Email issue with C452 login failure with PDF compact and only 1 page

Custom Search

emujo
04-02-2013, 02:12 PM
Have a C452, approx 100K, at firmware D1...MFP is set up for email, customer's exchange server, setup to relay from the MFP IP address, so authentication is turned OFF, standard ports and no size limit...Customer was complaining of large file size when sending email...9-10 pg doc, 200x200 dpi, PDF as fomat and AUTO COLOR selected was coming accross as about 2 meg..Thought, here's a perfect use for PDF Compact..sent the same file and it dropped down to about 180K, no quality issues..customer seems happy with the results so I'm outta here!!! But no, just before I left they scanned a 1 page doc and MFP gives a LOGIN failure...tried it myself, 2-10 and over no problem, but with 1 page, LOGIN failure..Again, no authentication is required, and with PDF as output, no issues except for the large file size..Tried single pages of TIFF, JPEG, and XPS and all sent successfully. Put in my GMAIL test account and problem stayed the same..Reloaded firmware and still no change..Put email back to customers's config and played with the XPS/PDF Compact settings under scan settings but again no joy..Any ideas? TIA Emujo

TheOwl
04-02-2013, 11:13 PM
Are you using the mass-production firmware (G00-D1) or are you using the latest version of D1 (which is GCJ-D1 here in Australia)?

Can you print the scanned images back out with out any issues? The reason I ask this is that there could be a bad cluster on your HDD which causing some funny things to happen with your scan.

Also, you may want to try a RAM check because if I remember correctly, the machine uses the HDD to stitch multiple pages together into a single file for multi-page scans, but only uses memory for single page scans.

Other than that, you could try rolling back the firmware to see if that helps.

emujo
04-17-2013, 09:40 PM
After many complaints and much finger pointing between us and the IT rep, it was decided to replace the MFP with another C452...Wouldn't you know, same issue, only slightly worse this time...now only JPEG, XPS, and TIFFs would scan...With 2 MFPs doing the same thing, I told them it's not our MFP so they speed dialed the IT rep and had him meet me at the account..This time they sent the exchange expert and he found it to be some kind of filter issue that was looking at the .PDF attachment and determining it to be spam, or malware...he tweaked a setting and Presto!! , email works again..I've attached the link for the microsoft article...

Exchange Server 2010 : Planning for Anti-Spam (part 3) - Microsoft Certification Examples, exercises, practises, tutorials, solutions about Applications Server (http://mscerts.programming4.us/application_server/exchange%20server%202010%20%20%20planning%20for%20 anti-spam%20%28part%203%29.aspx)

Emujo

EarthKmTech
04-17-2013, 10:06 PM
I carry packet capturing hardware in my car, anything like this arrises, or even where it doesn't work at all because of an MTU related issue is hand balled to their IT dept on the first call & charged. Cant argue with a packet capture, if you know how to read it.

Custom Search