PDA

View Full Version : Jamming df 621 (bizhub 423) multifeeding

Custom Search

brent
04-02-2013, 10:06 PM
it will pull 2 pretty much constantly from the stack on the document feeder. cleaned and serviced. works for a while. but that is it. any thoughts? the machine only has around 40k on it.
any thoughts? thanks
brent

blackcat4866
04-03-2013, 12:41 AM
Sorry, I've had zero complaints on these DF's (on no less than 40 units). Perhaps some sort of challenging original type?: NCR, glossy, 16# bond, pre-perforated, pre-stapled then removed, sparkly glitter surface coating, non-standard sized, nested folded or just not flat originals ... some combination of the above?

On a recent service call I had run 1000 originals without a single multiple feed.
I asked: "Could someone demonstrate the problem?"
Enduser: "It happens to everyone!"
Me: "So you shouldn't have a problem finding someone that can demonstrate."
Enduser: "Can't you just replace the rollers?"
Me: "When I see why ... sure."

Enduser takes a 70 pg packet of letter size originals, removes two beefy staples, tosses it in the tray, and the first three feed in together.

Me: "Don't you make some attempt to separate the pages?" while pointing to the no-staples symbol on the document feeder tray.
=^..^=

wseyller
04-03-2013, 02:27 AM
Only issue I have from these is the door latch breaks on the back side. 40k is not many pages. I have seen on the new color series adf where they ran 90k pages of some paper that had been sitting around for years and was in bad shape. It seems to wear the components much quicker versus new clean paper. It would feed well with new paper but always double feed with the docs they sent through or the pickup rollers would slip over the paper and stall out. Replacing the rollers did make their docs feed fine afterwards.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

JR2ALTA
04-03-2013, 02:28 AM
they better run good, has anybody tried to replace the primary roller? sheesh

manuelcorrea
04-03-2013, 02:36 PM
Try replacing the spring under the sep. roller

brent
04-03-2013, 06:14 PM
I swapped out the spring and the sep roller assy out of another machine. that did the trick. I will order a new one of each
such a simple fix. I don't know why I overthink things so much

thanks
brent

mach1don
04-03-2013, 07:09 PM
also make the pre sep rubber firmer by placing a small piece of mylar -(1/4 inch x 1 inch) under the pre sep to stiffen it up. This was an old technique used by Minolta back when the old di251 was around.

Custom Search