PDA

View Full Version : C452 scanning issue

Custom Search

kingarthur
04-03-2013, 12:10 PM
Has anybody had a scan issue after updating microsoft word to 2010, one of my customers upgraded last week, since then if they scan to a single email address the m/c says job complete but the email never arrives at the customers inbox, but if they send to 2 or more, it arrives no problem, I know it's not the MFP causing the problem, just curious as to what it might be

Cheers

Mr Spock
04-04-2013, 12:15 AM
Updating word should have no impact. However if they updated exchange then they may need to check the junk email.

kingarthur
04-04-2013, 11:09 AM
Hi many thanks for replying, as they use Outlook, i assumed that when they updated Word/Office, it also updated Outlook, but i have now suggested to them, that they check their junk mail folder

cheers

Mr Spock
04-05-2013, 12:54 AM
Hi many thanks for replying, as they use Outlook, i assumed that when they updated Word/Office, it also updated Outlook, but i have now suggested to them, that they check their junk mail folder

cheers

This could be depending on which version of Office. Home user does not contain outlook but the Pro does. If they updated outlook then it could be going to the junk folder as the rules and safe senders list may not have updated correctly. Also if they updated exchange that could also change where the document goes as well.

kingarthur
04-05-2013, 08:40 AM
The customer's IT have sorted it....in their own words...."it was an issue with the service pack that was downloaded last Thursday which changed the content filtering threshold level"

hope it makes sense to someone & can help someone in future :)

emujo
04-05-2013, 04:07 PM
It does make sense, and to have an IT rep admit it was their fault is the amazing part!!! Emujo

Custom Search