PDA

View Full Version : Brother MFC 7340

Custom Search

copiman
04-03-2013, 01:04 PM
This machine will not reset from adding toner. Been using compatibles successfully for a long time. The machine called for toner, put in a new cartridge, and it still calls for toner. Put in another cartridge and still get the same results. I know some of you would say go with OEM cartridge, but these compatibles have proven to work. Not sure on how to resolve this issue. Any ideas?

JustManuals
04-03-2013, 08:15 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

jameschiu
04-04-2013, 03:09 AM
There is a flag gear (white for TN-2150) and Black for TN-2130 which is used to reset the counter in the printer. Turn the flag to the other side (about 11 O'clock.)
Good luck.

copiman
04-05-2013, 01:02 PM
Thanks jameschiu. With your advise, here is how it played out.

Went to the machine yesterday. Looking at the flag on the cartridge, it was at about 1:00 to 2:00 as you look at it. Someone told me it should be at about 11:00 as you look at it, which would be all the way to the left, as you look at it. Removed gear cover and placed it all the way to the left. Still had the problem. I then taped the actuator closed inside the cavity of the machine, inserted the cartridge, and still no go. Removed the cartridge and closed the door. Got an error to install the cartridge. Installed the cartridge, powered off/on and problem solved. Removed tape and all is well, at least for now. Well see next time they install a cartridge. Thanks again for your help.

Custom Search