PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C550 printing solid colors "marbelized" or splotchy

Custom Search

AllUnionSigns
04-03-2013, 04:18 PM
HELP! Whenever I try printing on Accent Opaque 100 lb Smooth Cover paper, it is coming out splotchy or "marbelized". I've tried Image Stabilization, put new toner in, used canned air to spray various cavities, ran test prints of all colors and they were fine. Accidently printed the same file on 60lb text and the image came out smooth. I had the thickness set to print on Thick 3 for the 100lb (which is how I've been printing it since we got it over a year ago)...but I tried upping it to Thick 4 and still prints splotchy. Any suggestions????

Note: Recently have replaced image laser unit. Could I need a new transfer belt or fusing unit? Checked consumables and both are about 50%

mach1don
04-03-2013, 07:13 PM
try turning up second transfer voltage in the image adjust mode

RRodgers
04-03-2013, 11:50 PM
HELP! Whenever I try printing on Accent Opaque 100 lb Smooth Cover paper, it is coming out splotchy or "marbelized". I've tried Image Stabilization, put new toner in, used canned air to spray various cavities, ran test prints of all colors and they were fine. Accidently printed the same file on 60lb text and the image came out smooth. I had the thickness set to print on Thick 3 for the 100lb (which is how I've been printing it since we got it over a year ago)...but I tried upping it to Thick 4 and still prints splotchy. Any suggestions????

Note: Recently have replaced image laser unit. Could I need a new transfer belt or fusing unit? Checked consumables and both are about 50%

When is the last time you ran a color calibration on it?

Custom Search