PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous 282 duplex (output) option missing

Custom Search

Phrag
04-04-2013, 06:58 AM
I've got a bit of an issue with a bizhub 282. The double sided option on copy mode is missing.

Now, the fuser had been changed a month or so back due to it causing some paper curl issues. I inquired to whether the client noticed the option missing since then, but they only decided to start doing duplex the other day.

Basically, I don't know if this anomaly has been with the machine for it's entire life, or whether something has caused it recently.

I've also tried firmware to no avail. I also tried to force duplex through Tech Rep. Choice (I think) and it still prints 2 single sides.

Please note that the RADF WILL read both sides.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm only a bit of a rookie tech at the moment, but I've tried all I can think of.

NRTech
04-04-2013, 02:14 PM
check the connector between the duplex and the main body. if this is off, loose or damaged the machine can fail to detect the duplex and disables the option.

JustManuals
04-04-2013, 05:07 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Darren King
04-04-2013, 11:22 PM
Is the switchback assembly installed?

Phrag
04-08-2013, 12:06 AM
cheers guys. I'll have a look at those. I'll let you know how I get on.

EDIT: It turns out one of the pins was bent. After straightening it up, duplex now works.

Cheers for the help.

(So I'm told this macine came back in with a C5102 code. Oh joy.)

Custom Search