PDA

View Full Version : DiAlta 2510F and 3510F NIC Issues

Custom Search

myiagros
04-04-2013, 07:13 PM
Hi,

I came across these forums while looking for information about NIC Issues with the Di2510f and Di3510f printers. Yesterday the 351 was working in the morning and in the afternoon it stopped with what looked like a NIC issue, no pings and Offline or Error status in Windows. This morning the 251 started having the same issue although one print was able to go through, since then nothing has gone through and it's showing the same symptoms as the 351.

I had the KM tech in and he checked the 351 and he determined that the NIC is dead on it. The printer is probably 5-8 years old by now so I wouldn't be surprised if it started having problems. The odd part though is that the same thing happened to both of these printers within 24 hours time. We have about 5 other KM printers, all Bizhub and none of them are having issues, is this some odd stroke of bad luck that both died at the same time or is there something on the network side of things that both myself and the technician missed? The main thing is that nothing has been changed on the network recently.

Thanks.

NRTech
04-04-2013, 10:22 PM
If the machine is locking up and aborting everytime the network lead is connected, this is believed to be caused by print jobs from online storage sites having attributes that the printer can't handle. Resetting the print queue at the server will usually clear the problem, until next time it occurs. The work around seems to isolate the print job before sending it, saving it and printing from the pc rather than printing directly from online sites. Look out for 999 abort codes and constant rebooting, reset the print queue, reset the machine, see if it starts working.

Darren King
04-04-2013, 11:16 PM
Are they Di2510f and Di3510f, or Di251f and Di351f. There is a big difference. Your post is a little confusing. Please clarify.

JustManuals
04-04-2013, 11:58 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

myiagros
04-05-2013, 12:35 AM
Are they Di2510f and Di3510f, or Di251f and Di351f. There is a big difference. Your post is a little confusing. Please clarify.
They are Di2510f and Di3510f.

wseyller
04-05-2013, 01:00 AM
I carry with me a small router. I might in this situation hook up the copier and my laptop to it. If it works nic OK. If not then I feel satisfied the nic is faulty. You could probably use a crossover cable instead of a router. Very easy to eliminate nic unless the issue is intermittent.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

kronical
05-21-2013, 04:13 PM
Yes crossover to test as mentioned. If all ok then issue is on network. Either corrupt job stuck in queue (may work breifly once rebooted until the culprit job in queue resends) or if showing offline may be an IP conflict with another pc or device.

Custom Search