PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous BizHub c552

Custom Search

OfficeChick
04-04-2013, 09:26 PM
Copier has been cleaned and manual read... Copies are producing a black streak along the top and bottom of page. Please Help?

Flash
04-04-2013, 09:28 PM
Can you post a sample? That might provide a clue.

blackcat4866
04-04-2013, 09:38 PM
When you attach your sample, be sure to identify the direction that the paper fed. =^..^=

OfficeChick
04-05-2013, 02:34 PM
Okay, I hope this helps identify the issue. When I scanned the document, with the black streak on from a previous copy, it did not appear (I think this may be due to my scanning settings are to remove background noise) So I snapped a photo with my phone. The lines are fairly faint but still causing a good bit of duress around here... Zooming in may help see my problem better. I made this copy using the top feeder, document facing up. The same issues happens when making copies using the manual scan/copy. Does this make any sense? Please let me know if any other info would be helpful. Thanks so much!! :)

Darren King
04-05-2013, 03:23 PM
Is it doing it when you print from your computer? Did the paper come out of the machine long edge first, or short edge first?

OfficeChick
04-05-2013, 03:33 PM
Same outcome no matter if it is at the machine or a "sent" project. Paper comes out long edge.

emujo
04-05-2013, 04:03 PM
It's difficult to see from your pics, but if you have a service contract I would call a tech out...if not, then try cleaning the laser slits...this procedure should be in the user guide, but if not...open 1 of the universal drawers and you should see a wand with a white cleaner attached to it..open the front door and remove the waste toner box..behind this box are 4 slots roughly the size of the cleaner head..the wand is marked "UP" slide the wand into the slot and run all the way back and forth a few times..When you remove it look and see if it has picked up any toner/developer..the IUs can spill toner/developer and it lands on the protective glass that covers the laser unit...anything on this glass will cause lines on the copies and they can run from faint streaks to solid black heavy lines depending on the amount that has dropped. If this doesn't fix the problem it may be the fusing section getting worn out, but I can't offer much more help than that to a user without possibly helping you to damage the MFP. Emujo

OfficeChick
04-05-2013, 04:14 PM
Thank you for your advice! I will try this and if all fails I will call tech dude.. I unfortunately have a problem where I feel I must be able to fix everything myself LOL...

emujo
04-05-2013, 04:29 PM
Thank god all customers aren't like you...we would all be looking for a new line of work...Emujo

NRTech
04-14-2013, 07:47 AM
Needs a black drum unit. Drum surface has cracked, seen this a few times on these machines.

JustManuals
04-14-2013, 07:25 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

EarthKmTech
04-14-2013, 11:45 PM
i would also try the drum unit first, having said that, when the dev unit goes bad electrically you can end up with ultra lite grey lines all over the page but it will cover the entire page, not just in specific bands.

OfficeChick
04-15-2013, 01:50 PM
That is exactly what my Copy Tech dude told me and showed me how to fix the issue in the future..Thanks so much for all the advice :)

Custom Search