PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 36/42 Freezing on logo

Custom Search

Eugene74
04-08-2013, 08:02 AM
Hi,

Could anybody please help me with the following error on 2 of our machines. The one is a Bizhub 36 and the other one is Bizhub 42 (same series of machines). The machines has been in for probably 2 months now. All of a sudden they freeze on the Konica Minolta Logo. We tried to reset and do firmware, with no luck. On further analyses and fault finding we found the the SSD board located on the MFP board have failed. We have and extra SSD board, but since the system information is stored on board we can't just replace it. The steps that we have to get the info will not work as we can't get the information from the failed SSD board.

Does anyone know if we can reset/release this fault and if not what we can do to copy the information to the new chip in another way as what the manual explains.

Appreciate all the help.

Regards,
Eugene

jackson007
04-08-2013, 09:52 AM
Hi,

Could anybody please help me with the following error on 2 of our machines. The one is a Bizhub 36 and the other one is Bizhub 42 (same series of machines). The machines has been in for probably 2 months now. All of a sudden they freeze on the Konica Minolta Logo. We tried to reset and do firmware, with no luck. On further analyses and fault finding we found the the SSD board located on the MFP board have failed. We have and extra SSD board, but since the system information is stored on board we can't just replace it. The steps that we have to get the info will not work as we can't get the information from the failed SSD board.

Does anyone know if we can reset/release this fault and if not what we can do to copy the information to the new chip in another way as what the manual explains.

Appreciate all the help.

Regards,
Eugene

first remove Dimm & nvram again install them properly.

NRTech
04-08-2013, 12:18 PM
Not familiar with the 36/42, so this may be irrelevant but I've had similar issues on c35's so might be worth a try. You need to get hold of a good csic board, fit it, then update to the latest firmware, then replace the original csic board and back up the data to the csic board. the c35 suffered with a firmware bug that wrote an infinite value to the csic chip, thereby corrupting it. like I say, may or may not work on 36's & 42's, but sounds eerily familiar. Good luck with it.

Eugene74
04-09-2013, 11:47 AM
Hi there,

I have tried to apply all the mentioned solutions, but unfortunately none helped towards my problem. Thank you for all the input though. We had to replace the SSD board and that have solved the problem. Only problem is you need to order the whole MFP assembly as it is part of the MFP Board and no separate part number for SSD. Hopefully Japan will see this and supply the board separately.

Regards,
Eugene

dannys
07-01-2019, 08:12 AM
Hello,

it those latest firmwares?.
Controller ROM Version A3EW30G2090905(EU)
Engine ROM Version A3EW0050G0005
Boot ROM Version A3EW99G0010000
Panel ROM Version A3EW20G2020805
Scanner ROM Version A3EW23G0010200

I got the not booting problem (freezes at KM logo) at the first boot(in the morning) once per day(second attempt works great until next morning) there is no fax board and changed the hole scaner unit
Sdd low format greyed (not able to format it)

Thanx in advance

allan
07-01-2019, 07:30 PM
Agree on the SSD being the problem.
The SSD the machine ships with will not allow to format.
Think it will format if you remove it and simply install into another machine.

Also found that that will happen with some network switches. Just boot with no LAN cable to test for that.

dannys
07-01-2019, 08:23 PM
Thank you Allan,

Not able to put it on other machine for the moment I will keep it in my mind for next 2-3 months. I will try it with out network (my scan to email work if you mean the problem with that)

If finaly make the low level format to ssd I have to put firmware on it or the format delete only images etc?

Thank you

Sysco
07-04-2019, 10:53 PM
Format the SSD on laptop/PC.
It's an SSD error.
I have some error on my machines just in HDD.
The startup in normal method on 36/42 is 45 sec max 1 min.
In many places I use this machines in Safeq and not a long time period (max 1 year) the HDD is full and when
it restart the MFP it freeze the KM logo or just slowly start (sometimes 5 to 10 min to start).
When plug off the HDD/SSD it boot fast with no problem.
In this case I format the HDD in my laptop.
Then back to machines and it's error on startup the HDD is not correct.
Format in service and go another 1 year.

Custom Search