PDA

View Full Version : Problems between Windows 8 PC and Konica Minolta C250..

Custom Search

Hacky
04-08-2013, 09:38 AM
Hi all,

Seem to be having a problem establishing which driver will allow a client to continue use of their C250 via their new Windows 8 computer.

I recently visited this client and installed the latest PCL driver I could find for the C250, this worked completely fine and while I was with the client, they were able to do everything as required.

Since then I have been called back to them as all of a sudden they are unable to print. So I went back, removed the PCL driver and tried re installing it, yet again it worked successfully and they continued using it. But now over the weekend I have been contacted by them once more with the same exact issue.

It seems like the computer is just dropping the driver and denying all knowledge of its existence. Obviously this is an older model, and there is no news on an actual Windows 8 driver for it, but the client does not sympathize with this and sees no reason why it should not work..

Any suggestions? Why does it keep doing this? Is there different driver I should use perhaps?

Thanks in advance!

KalEl
04-08-2013, 09:43 AM
Hi,

Not really (thankfully) come across Windows 8 yet. All I can think of trying is trying to share the printer from another (preferrably a server) computer in the office and installing it that way. Just to test if the same thing happens...

Like you say it's an old piece of kit now. Does it still scan ok?

Hacky
04-08-2013, 09:49 AM
Hi,

Not really (thankfully) come across Windows 8 yet. All I can think of trying is trying to share the printer from another (preferrably a server) computer in the office and installing it that way. Just to test if the same thing happens...

Like you say it's an old piece of kit now. Does it still scan ok?

Thanks for the quick response, that's definitely something I will take into consideration.

I'm visiting the client at some point today so maybe i'll give it a go!

It scans absolutely fine via FTP, the client literally just wants to click and print. Maybe I should try a UPD?..

KalEl
04-08-2013, 10:01 AM
If all they do is click and print using no extended driver functionality then that's probably the root to go.

I'd point it towards windows too if the client is giving you grief. Is there even a service pack out for win8 yet? Took a while for Vista to work "reliably". Make sure they're installing all the win updates, it may be a quirk with win 8 that needs a fix...

copymech
04-08-2013, 03:38 PM
Make sure copier is on static ip address.

TheOwl
04-08-2013, 11:46 PM
Do you have "SNMP Status Enabled" within the Standard TCP/IP Port?

If so, I would turn this off as Windows may assume that the machine is turned off when it is actually in power save mode and won't check on the status of the machine for quite some time.

EarthKmTech
04-09-2013, 01:40 PM
I had the displeasure of discovering windows 8 today on a clients pc.

What a steaming pile of turd, after 10 minutes I hate it already - if this is to become the new standard I think we're in for some fun times.

Hacky
04-09-2013, 04:31 PM
Thanks to all who responded above, I had a little session playing around with some of the suggestions. In the end I just put a universal PCL driver on and it seems to have done the trick. Fortunately the client really has no requirements other than to simply be able to click and print from word, powerpoint, excel etc, so I am able to get away with such a basic driver.

Thanks again!

Hacky
04-09-2013, 04:37 PM
I had the displeasure of discovering windows 8 today on a clients pc.

What a steaming pile of turd, after 10 minutes I hate it already - if this is to become the new standard I think we're in for some fun times.

Haha, must admit I do agree, on first inspection I was not a fan. I still remain that way mostly, but the more I use it, the less displeasing it is becoming. So many features I don't like though. I couldn't even gain access to the command prompt the other day! :(

Custom Search