PDA

View Full Version : BizHub C220 Fax

Custom Search

iscott
04-08-2013, 11:26 PM
Have a customer that daily receives 60 page faxes 30 page faxes come in fine but larger faxes fail. Any advice is appreciated.

NRTech
04-08-2013, 11:31 PM
sending it as 2 faxes?

iscott
04-09-2013, 01:08 AM
Automaticly generated not sure thats possible.

rrrohan
04-09-2013, 05:01 AM
Automaticly generated not sure thats possible.

you sure the problem is not at the other end?

iscott
04-09-2013, 11:39 AM
No I am not. Is there a a way adjust the size of the faxes that the machine can accept?

mo0651
04-09-2013, 02:11 PM
This series is a piece of crap when it comes to faxing. KONMIN blames everything else but has no answer.

Mr Spock
04-10-2013, 12:25 AM
dsl, or voip is not supported.
Does the machine have a hard drive?
What level firmware?
job list > job details> recieve > job history > highlight failed job then select details Look for error code and description

emujo
04-10-2013, 04:59 PM
If the customer has a T1 line coming in and the faxing is provided by an analog to digital converter, then the converter is where your problem is...Ever since the C353 series, the fax boards are microprocessor controlled, and they have very little tolerance for issues...cheaper converters give you more problems...the IT rep needs to have the phone guy tweak the converter settings to get the tolerances closer. I would still recommend you turn off ECM and select the MR/MH/MMR (no jpeg) under the fax communication settings. Sounds like you are getting a fault that only shows it's head during long periods of fax communications... KM only supports faxing over copper wires..this doesn't mean the fax kits are POSs, it just means that KM has not designed them for a digital environment..they usually work fairly well once the DAC bugs are worked out..Burns my ass when the customer points to the $100 brother fax machine and says "we never had issues with this old fax"..I'd like to say, fine unplug the MFP and hook up the old fax, problem solved...didn't need that 40 ppm scanning, fax forwarding, re-transmit and all the other features anyway..Emujo

iscott
04-10-2013, 05:19 PM
emujo Thanks for your help!

I sent a 65 Page fax from my office yesterday and it went fine. One of the Faxes that it is having issues with is a Sharp MX M238.
I know sharp has a unique hand shake but that doesn't explain the issue with a large fax.
Will the ISP/Phone provider know what I mean when I ask him to tweak the tolerances? Or will he need some guidance?

Thx again..

Custom Search