PDA

View Full Version : Configure SMB on Bizhub C253

Custom Search

ViktorD
04-09-2013, 11:04 AM
Hi,

I'm trying to configure SMB on a Bizhub C253. I don't know if this is a valid configuration so my apologies if I'm doing this completely wrong.

I have configured Network --> Client Setting:

SMB TX Setting = ON
NTLM Setting = v2
User Authentication(NTLM) = ON.

I have also configured Store Address --> Address Book --> Store Address --> Created a new SMB registration with the following settings:

Direct input = 6
Name = SMBScan
Host Address = my.windows.domainname
File Path = dfs01\common\scan
User ID = scanuser
Password = xxxxxxx

When trying to scan I'm getting an error message, "Folder not found". How do I solve this? I'm guessing that this scanner model is not able to handle DFS correctly but I'm not sure.

KalEl
04-09-2013, 11:48 AM
Hi,

What version on Windows are you using?

I'd go for the easiest setup to get it tested and then build it up...

Go on C: Drive. Create a folder called "SCANS".

Right Click and share this giving full rights.

Open Command prompt and type "net config workstation"

Get the computer name (this is the host) and the username.

So if I was creating one for Joe Bloggs... It would look like this...

Name : Joe Bloggs
(tick main and applicable alphabet location)

Tick Host
Host: JOESPC
File Path: SCANS
Username: joebloggs

You may need to open the port in windows firewall. So create an exception.

ViktorD
04-09-2013, 01:08 PM
Hi,

The file server is running Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1.

Setting this up on a local Windows 7 PC with an local account works great.

I first thought I got this error message because it didn't accept domain credentials but if I write a completely incorrect password I get an different error about wrong login so I guess that means it can login and that the "Folder not found" error happens because of some other reason...?

KalEl
04-09-2013, 01:19 PM
Hi,

Currently having a windows 2008R2 nightmare myself...

Can you browse to the folder using another PC, to rule out a sharing issue?

Here is a few things I've found maybe one will be of use to you...

Connectivity Information:Impossible to create a SMB Scan to File destination: Windows Server 2003/Server 2008 (Océ TDS/TCS): ColorWave (CW) 300, CW600, CW600 Poster Printer,CW650, PlotWave (PW) 300, PW350, PW900, Print Exec Workgroup, Publisher Selec (http://okb.oceusa.com/English_ext/WFPS/SysAd_Arc/cw_pw_tcs_tds/ConM_cwpctcstds_2012_01/M088983.html)

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/connectivity/20401-ricoh-server-2008-smb-scanning.html

Thank you for visiting the blog of...: Kyocera Multifunction Printer – Scan to Folder Feature (http://blogs.rosebudtech.com/2010/02/kyocera-multifunction-printer-scan-to.html)

Good luck and hope you find a solution.

ViktorD
04-09-2013, 02:11 PM
Yes, browsing the share using the specified scanning account on my local PC works great.

The first two threads don't apply to my scenario at all even though i tested the suggestions and the last thread didn't help since the machine don't accept the changes becouse of invalid characters.

Do anyone else know a solution to this?

// Viktor

ViktorD
04-09-2013, 02:21 PM
Okay, so I finally solved this. The machine don't support DFS at all. So first you have to write the name of the file server and not the DFS-root path. Second, using my example above, you can't use the DFS-path either(dfs01 above), so the correct configuration compared to above would look like this:

Direct input = 6
Name = SMBScan
Host Address = my.fileserver
File Path = common\scan
User ID = scanuser
Password = xxxxxxx

// Viktor

Custom Search