PDA

View Full Version : Jamming Cardstock GL constantly jamming on C6501

Custom Search

Mattdlam
04-09-2013, 12:09 PM
Hi there,

New to the forums recently joined a production print company we have Bizhub pro C6501 that is constantly jamming when printing cardstock GL from bypass tray.
Can any one please advise how I can go about resolving this issue.

Thanks in advance.

tech51
04-09-2013, 08:17 PM
Hi there,

New to the forums recently joined a production print company we have Bizhub pro C6501 that is constantly jamming when printing cardstock GL from bypass tray.
Can any one please advise how I can go about resolving this issue.

Thanks in advance.
Need a bit more info. What jam is it? Does it not feed or does it multifeed? Also what size and weight is the stock and what coating does it have. Are the feed tyres new in the bypass? This info is needed before any help can be offered.

Mattdlam
04-10-2013, 10:05 AM
Need a bit more info. What jam is it? Does it not feed or does it multifeed? Also what size and weight is the stock and what coating does it have. Are the feed tyres new in the bypass? This info is needed before any help can be offered.

The jam happens just before the paper is fed from the bypass tray and sometimes just stops and says "reload paper in bypass tray" remove and reload same thing happens either does not pick up or stops just before it enters. The paper size is A4 Cardstock coated 1 side 210-256g/m.
I checked the rollers they seem fine, If I need to change them do you perhaps have instructions on how to change them please?

Thank you.

Mick01
04-11-2013, 01:27 AM
Hi,
Can you please clarify your second post?
Is the stock coated on one side (artboard stock)?
What is the specific weight of the stock?
What is the thickness of the stock (in micrometers)?
Have you tried cleaning the feed wheels?
Does the bypass tray try to feed the paper (is there a mark on the stock where the feed wheels have attempted to feed the stock)?
Does the machine have an LCT (tray 4)? Of so it will have a much greater chance of feeding through that tray. this tray has air assist so will fan the paper so it seperates better

I dont mean to be rude but one of the most basic tasks of a copier/printer tech is replacing feed wheels! If you are asking for assistance on this simple task this is worrying.

Mattdlam
04-15-2013, 11:59 AM
Hi,
Can you please clarify your second post?
Is the stock coated on one side (artboard stock)?
What is the specific weight of the stock?
What is the thickness of the stock (in micrometers)?
Have you tried cleaning the feed wheels?
Does the bypass tray try to feed the paper (is there a mark on the stock where the feed wheels have attempted to feed the stock)?
Does the machine have an LCT (tray 4)? Of so it will have a much greater chance of feeding through that tray. this tray has air assist so will fan the paper so it seperates better

I dont mean to be rude but one of the most basic tasks of a copier/printer tech is replacing feed wheels! If you are asking for assistance on this simple task this is worrying.

Thanks its working from LCT will use that tray for this kind of paper as all other paper types work fine from bypass.

Gort
04-17-2013, 05:16 AM
The jam happens just before the paper is fed from the bypass tray and sometimes just stops and says "reload paper in bypass tray" remove and reload same thing happens either does not pick up or stops just before it enters. The paper size is A4 Cardstock coated 1 side 210-256g/m.
I checked the rollers they seem fine, If I need to change them do you perhaps have instructions on how to change them please?

Thank you.

There were weight plates for the bypass for the C500 for this problem. Look for a parts bulletin or Tech bulletin in the C500 database.
I don't know if there is one for the C6500/6501. All of the C65xx units I work on have the PF-601/602 so no bypass available.

Mattdlam
04-17-2013, 01:48 PM
There were weight plates for the bypass for the C500 for this problem. Look for a parts bulletin or Tech bulletin in the C500 database.
I don't know if there is one for the C6500/6501. All of the C65xx units I work on have the PF-601/602 so no bypass available.
Thanks a lot will check it out, much appreciated.

Custom Search