PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Konica C6500 jagged lines

Custom Search

giorgio90
04-09-2013, 07:21 PM
Hello everybody,

This is my first post in this forum and I have a problem that apparently not even my service partners can't solve.
Problem: If i draw simple paralel line of C M Y K, the Magenta and Cyan lines are jagged. Same thing in graphics like text composed of those colors, white text in cyan or magenta background. Black and yellow perfect lines. It seemes like the M and C lines are made of little dots.
The file is vector ! and the jagged lines appear only on Cyan. Mangenta or any othe colors that includ theese 2.

We tried with no luck:
- changing the writing heads (lasers)
- cleaning the registration sensor
- changing the drums units (all new)
- transfer belt (almost new)
- Calibrating
- adjustments in service mode.
I am out of ideeas, what should I do? Any suggestions? Has anyone came accros this problem?
PS: I will post a clear photo tomorrow, but is difficult to take a picture so that you notice. I made a file that should give an ideea of the problem.

JustManuals
04-09-2013, 09:32 PM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

giorgio90
04-10-2013, 11:19 AM
I have uploaded a photo of the problem. As you can see the CYAN and MAGENTA lines, and othe colors with this 2 in composition

mrwho
04-10-2013, 07:33 PM
Seems to me that's a simple problem of chosing another screen (line1 instead of dot1, or similar), turning on smoothing or turning off text thining.

giorgio90
04-10-2013, 07:41 PM
Seems to me that's a simple problem of chosing another screen (line1 instead of dot1, or similar), turning on smoothing or turning off text thining.

I've tried that too. The print is identical, regardless of the setting I use.

jma676
04-11-2013, 12:16 AM
Hello everybody,

This is my first post in this forum and I have a problem that apparently not even my service partners can't solve.
Problem: If i draw simple paralel line of C M Y K, the Magenta and Cyan lines are jagged. Same thing in graphics like text composed of those colors, white text in cyan or magenta background. Black and yellow perfect lines. It seemes like the M and C lines are made of little dots.
The file is vector ! and the jagged lines appear only on Cyan. Mangenta or any othe colors that includ theese 2.

We tried with no luck:
- changing the writing heads (lasers)
- cleaning the registration sensor
- changing the drums units (all new)
- transfer belt (almost new)
- Calibrating
- adjustments in service mode.
I am out of ideeas, what should I do? Any suggestions? Has anyone came accros this problem?
PS: I will post a clear photo tomorrow, but is difficult to take a picture so that you notice. I made a file that should give an ideea of the problem.

Importantly: The composition of the image is done via a dot dithering (Halftone, Dotscreen, etc) screening values ​​can be edited with the EFI PrintServer Software, understand that.. for a good definition of the image, the resolution of the file or Original, should be optimal.

giorgio90
04-11-2013, 06:38 AM
Importantly: The composition of the image is done via a dot dithering (Halftone, Dotscreen, etc) screening values ​​can be edited with the EFI PrintServer Software, understand that.. for a good definition of the image, the resolution of the file or Original, should be optimal.

As i mentioned, the print was done from CorelDraw, and the lines are vectors. The problem is why only the Cyan and Magenta? If it was all the colors, it would be easier the diagnose, but the lines are identical and jagged only on the 2 colors.

mrwho
04-11-2013, 10:31 PM
Question: Does it happen when running the copier internal test charts? I'm thinking of the Manual Color Registration chart or the Test Chart no55.

If you can't see any sign of jaggedness on these charts, then it's a controller issue. Check if there are any patches for the Fiery, or, if you're pretty sure the machine didn't do that before, you could try and consider reinstalling the controller software.

If the machine test charts show that behaviour, then you could look at some form of laser adjustments and/or defect.

giorgio90
04-12-2013, 02:08 PM
Question: Does it happen when running the copier internal test charts? I'm thinking of the Manual Color Registration chart or the Test Chart no55.

If you can't see any sign of jaggedness on these charts, then it's a controller issue. Check if there are any patches for the Fiery, or, if you're pretty sure the machine didn't do that before, you could try and consider reinstalling the controller software.

If the machine test charts show that behaviour, then you could look at some form of laser adjustments and/or defect.

When I print from the machine the color charts, the result is perfect lines, regardless the color intensity (100-150-255).
Tomorrow I will receive the fiery reinstll kit software. Hopfully that will do the job, if not, I don't know what else to do.
If if prints the color charts ok, could it still be the image processing board?

mrwho
04-12-2013, 03:03 PM
If if prints the color charts ok, could it still be the image processing board?

In theory yes, since there's a part of it that deals exclusively with the data received from the Fiery.

If you have a similar machine nearby, you could briefly swap the fierys to see if the trouble travels with the fiery.

jma676
04-12-2013, 08:09 PM
As i mentioned, the print was done from CorelDraw, and the lines are vectors. The problem is why only the Cyan and Magenta? If it was all the colors, it would be easier the diagnose, but the lines are identical and jagged only on the 2 colors.

Screening Angle, You can easily check this with a test output (Test Pattern Output No: 80)

Usually the Black and yellow are at right angles, while the cyan and magenta are other different angles, resulting in the graphs with straight lines in black or yellow colors are not jagged because their points are aligned at right angles.

Anyway, do not forget what I mentioned earlier, on the other hand you can use a function that helps solve this problem from the printer driver options in the Image tab, activate the function: image smoothing.

giorgio90
04-13-2013, 10:05 AM
Screening Angle, You can easily check this with a test output (Test Pattern Output No: 80)

Usually the Black and yellow are at right angles, while the cyan and magenta are other different angles, resulting in the graphs with straight lines in black or yellow colors are not jagged because their points are aligned at right angles.

Anyway, do not forget what I mentioned earlier, on the other hand you can use a function that helps solve this problem from the printer driver options in the Image tab, activate the function: image smoothing.

Seems very simillar with the problem. The cyan and magenta are shifted similar to the picture, but why when I print a test pattern from the machine the lines are straight. I don't think the angles should be visible to the eye

giorgio90
04-13-2013, 12:26 PM

I've done this test from the machine, and whem the cyan/magenta reaches 80% and below, the jagged edges appear. So i'm guessing it's not the fiery. 100% Cyan and 100% Magenta are perfect with no problems.
I also printed the file with image smoothening, and no change.

giorgio90
04-13-2013, 12:31 PM

Is there a way to adject the screening angle of cyan and magenta? Set the to 0 or 45?

jma676
04-13-2013, 06:11 PM
Seems very simillar with the problem. The cyan and magenta are shifted similar to the picture, but why when I print a test pattern from the machine the lines are straight. I don't think the angles should be visible to the eye

Good questions, write heads have the ability to write points or continuous lines in diferents ways and forms, such as test pattern output No16, but the problem is that... the printer must accommodate to different printer languages, all ways there are several ways to solve the problem that they you pose both from design and from the printer, and this is not a problem only for this printer, you can take a look at some magazines or prints of various systems and you can see that effect is appears in the same way.

Is there a way to adject the screening angle of cyan and magenta? Set the to 0 or 45?

As I said before ... the screen is editable but this requires special software EFI Graphics Art Package, this is not installed by default in the Print Server, allowing you to edit various screens within the capabilities of the printer.

I've done this test from the machine, and whem the cyan/magenta reaches 80% and below, the jagged edges appear. So i'm guessing it's not the fiery. 100% Cyan and 100% Magenta are perfect with no problems.
I also printed the file with image smoothening, and no change.

is clear that at a density of 100% the screen is closes which the dot gain or dot density, I recommend that you seek screening information.

giorgio90
05-17-2013, 02:23 PM
Hello everybody,

I have new print test. I have printed the test pattern 80 on dot1/dot2/lin1/line2 ... same jagged lines.
When I prin from contone.. the print is perfect !. So it's not the machine. Any opinions?

Thank you.

jma676
05-20-2013, 05:11 PM
Hello everybody,

I have new print test. I have printed the test pattern 80 on dot1/dot2/lin1/line2 ... same jagged lines.
When I prin from contone.. the print is perfect !. So it's not the machine. Any opinions?

Thank you.

this link is to complement the response sent to the mailbox:

Contone - Farb-Management | KONICA MINOLTA (http://www.konicaminolta.ch/de/business-solutions/produkte/verwandte-themen/technologie/emperon/emperon-technologie/farb-management/contone.html)

Custom Search