PDA

View Full Version : DP-2310 with occassional 3/4 inch front to rear blank streak on copies

Custom Search

tseto
04-09-2013, 11:15 PM
I have 3 occassions of missing image on copies not in the direction of paper travel. The first 2 cases I replaced the whole drum drive assembly and the problem goes away. I did not replace the assembly on the 3rd case yet. There are no broken sprockets in the assembly. The only possibility I see is that the drum drive clutch slips and the drum stopped for a moment to create the image voit. has anyone seen this happening on the dp series and what action taken to remedy the situation? I am leaning towards spraying the clutch with contact cleaning or alcohol as a lazy solution.

mojorolla
04-09-2013, 11:40 PM
Clean and inspect the charge roller inside the drum unit. Also check the blade is not flipping.
Remove and clean the LVPS.
Check for an out of round press roller.
Can you post an example?

:)

onetek
04-10-2013, 03:04 PM
If your voids are "sawthooth" like, on front or rear of the copier,you might have to readjust your lsu support bracket up or down .The adjustment is located on the front frame of copier, on the left of toner bottle.We have had to do this on a dozen or so 2310/3010.(loosen the red screws on picture)
Th.

tseto
04-10-2013, 05:17 PM
Thanks guys fir responding. Let me gi through the sequence of events up to now. I have a wharehouse of used Panasonics, so when the first case happened a year ago, I replaced the whole process unit, customer still complaint. I replace the whole complete right door, customer still complaint. replaced all the clutches, customer still complaints. Atbthis point I am quite pissed so I replaced with a whole rebuilt DP2330 and left it at that. The second case is a church account, I was curious to find the cause of the problem. The only parts I did not replace was the drive assembly that include the drum drive clutch, plus the fact that the problem emerge the same day after I replaced the drum and drum cleaner after a poor quality service call. New drum, new blade equals more pressure and drag on the drive system, got to be a slipping clutch so I replaced the darn drive assemble and it has been ok for 2 month now,. I will not replace the drive assemble on this third case. yet!

Custom Search