PDA

View Full Version : Kyocera Ecosys LS-C8100DN+ Page printer.....'speaks Japanese'.

Custom Search

DAG COPIERS & COMPUTERS
04-10-2013, 10:12 AM
Hi to all Kyocera gurus. First, I confess my ignorance about this machine, so you bear with me.
A customer approached me to help hook this printer on her win7 to print. It is brand new. When they try, it prints only an 'ERROR REPORT', AND 'STATUS REPORT' as follows:

[2FZ_1100.001.008/2HP_1001.002.001][2F8_A000.001.002][2HR_3100.N01.005***][03]
Firmware version: 2HR_3001.000.013
Released: 13/Nov/2008.
Below the above release date, the writing is in JAPANESE (or Chinese?), and the rest of the page is blank!!
The 'STATUS PAGE' has some print out to do with, I think, 'Network configuration data', for among the Japanese scripts, I can see some English letters e.g. TCP/IP...IP 0.0.0.0; DHCP, BOOT, APPLE TALK, NETWARE, PCL6, USB etc. That is all, the rest of the writings are all in Japanese. We tried a USB cable. The only information available about this machine on the internet appears only on one site, in Japanese language, though with a Google translate option not yielding much.
- Has any one ever worked on a similar type of machine so as to help me configure it to print work, and in English? It seems it is intended for Japanese market but got its way here, How can we reconfigure it to 'speak' only English?
-Thanks in advance for your help.
-BTW , a tech from Kyocera-Mita came, fidgeted on it with no success, promised to comeback but hasn't ever since! I was merely introduced to the customer as a 'Referral' Tech.

RollingROARANDA
04-21-2013, 09:26 PM
Try reloading Firmware? Let me see what I can dig up on that, the other day one of the shop guys told me a story about how they had to fix a KM 3035 copier in JAPANESE mode *chuckle*

DAG COPIERS & COMPUTERS
04-22-2013, 10:02 AM
Try reloading Firmware? Let me see what I can dig up on that, the other day one of the shop guys told me a story about how they had to fix a KM 3035 copier in JAPANESE mode *chuckle*

Thanks for the response. As i stated in my post, the printer is brand new and we are just trying to set it up to work for the first time; would this necessitate reloading the firmware? hope to hear from you again. Thanks.

RollingROARANDA
04-24-2013, 01:53 AM
Thanks for the response. As i stated in my post, the printer is brand new and we are just trying to set it up to work for the first time; would this necessitate reloading the firmware? hope to hear from you again. Thanks.

Sorry, the first part wasn't a serious answer, I kinda meant to be funny..

I talked with the senior techs, and they told me that you have to find the language options within the menus, which sucks if you don't have a menu map.
This is the best I can do:

DAG COPIERS & COMPUTERS
04-24-2013, 08:32 AM
Sorry, the first part wasn't a serious answer, I kinda meant to be funny..

I talked with the senior techs, and they told me that you have to find the language options within the menus, which sucks if you don't have a menu map.
This is the best I can do:

But the even the 'MENU' will be in Japanese!

RollingROARANDA
04-25-2013, 05:57 PM
I know it. Thats the hard part. You'd have to dig for it. Unfortunately, I dont have one here in shop to guide you thru the key presses, or get you a menu map. If I come accross one, you'll be the first to know..

DAG COPIERS & COMPUTERS
04-26-2013, 07:56 AM
I know it. Thats the hard part. You'd have to dig for it. Unfortunately, I dont have one here in shop to guide you thru the key presses, or get you a menu map. If I come accross one, you'll be the first to know..

Thank you brother. It seems the machine is meant for the Japanese market. I Google the internet but there's very scanty information about it...moreover in Japanese. But will give it another try and let you know. Thanks for the help.

Custom Search