PDA

View Full Version : c6500 - NG on Sub Scan for Manual Clr Reg.

Custom Search

dagoof
04-10-2013, 06:22 PM
Got a stubborn c6500 I've been wrestling with - got correction values within parameters for auto clr reg but I'm getting NG values on Sub Scan for manual reg adjustment (+8/+6/+2). T-belt assembly ok, line belt speed ok and producing decent solids on TP#53.

Any advice appreciated on what should I be looking at here?

Mick01
04-11-2013, 02:53 AM
Can i ask what is the weight/type of stock you are using for the man colour reg? I recommend only 80-100gsm bond
Have you tried setting auto colour registration adjust to fine? Try the following:
Set dip switch 32-2 to on
Run Auto Colour registration adj
Then check Man Colour Reg adj

Hope this helps

dagoof
04-11-2013, 08:58 AM
Thanks Mick, it's 90gsm bond. I hadn't tried fine, thanks, will give it a shot!

dagoof
04-12-2013, 10:23 AM
Machine 45-20'd this morning, running fine yesterday - auto color reg brought it back but sub scan values even further out.
Turns out it was set to fine (32-2) already, tried it both on/off to no avail!

Mick01
04-12-2013, 12:06 PM
If you view the reg marks across the col reg chart with a loupe are all the colors out compared to black right across the page? If is varying you may have issues with the encoder on the transfer belt drive motor.

dagoof
04-12-2013, 08:50 PM
Mick - they're out of sync especially around the centre of the chart.
Have done a belt line speed adj and that was spot on, wouldn't that be off if there was drive motor problems?

BennyAU
04-13-2013, 12:38 AM
i had this very issue on a c7000 a few weeks ago
try adjusting the laser unit/s skew with the levers at the front of the machine (cant get/remember the proper name of the adjustment, because i cant download the manual anymore due to the new CSES system being a steaming pile of crap)

then re-trying the registration adjust

you will probably need to tinker with it a bit, but it worked for me

Itsthepaper
04-13-2013, 03:02 AM
Possible beltwalking or knick on belt, whenever I've come across this issue it's been one ofthe 2. Try reseating cleaning unit making sure to thoroughly dust the belt andcleaning blade.

Mick01
04-15-2013, 01:11 AM
Hi,
The belt line speed adjustment may not show the issue. Can i ask what is the adjustment value when you completed this adjustment.
My feeling is you either have an issue with the transfer belt unit or the transfer belt drive unit. I have had this issue before and it was a dirty encoder and sensors on the transfer belt drive unit. I have also had reports of some gears in the drive unit causing issues. It is a big job removing the drive unit though. You should be able to blow out the sensors and the encoder though without removing too much.

dagoof
04-23-2013, 10:09 AM
Thanks for replies - sorry for delay, didn't get email notifiers :confused:

This remains a bit of a mystery, removed belt, no sign of walk or knicks. Also reseated the cleaning unit.
Turned the auto registration off, then did an auto reg adj and it pulled it back into registration.

Custom Search