PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Scan to PC not working

Custom Search

SmlBizAdmin
04-12-2013, 03:19 PM
I have a client with a BizHub C-200. Printing is working just fine, however, they can no longer send scanned documents to their PCs. I have worked with larger BizHubs and so the first thing I tried to do was connect to the 200 via the web interface (we do our work remotely) from one of the client's PCs that I was remotely connected to as I've done with any other customer have a KM or other printers or MFDs. But I couldn't connect. The 200 has been powered down and up, as have the PCs, multiple times.

Any idea why I can't connect to the 200 via browser? And any thoughts as to what to look for to diagnose scan to PC suddenly stopping working?

Jonathan

Shadow
04-12-2013, 04:52 PM
has the client made any changes to their network?
I think that you are going to have to be on site for this call to be resolved.
do the client computers use DHCP or Static IP addressing?
is there a new server installed on the network?
What have you done to this point?

SmlBizAdmin
04-12-2013, 06:04 PM
No network changes have been made, no updates installed between when it worked and stopped working, no new equipment such as a server, clients use DHCP.

I haven't done anything yet because normally when there is a scanning problem I connect to the MFD and check it out but as I said in this case I haven't been able to do that. This is the first time I haven't been able to remotely connect to a networked MFD so I'm stumped right now as to handling this.

DigiMan
04-12-2013, 06:15 PM
Tell them to change to static to connect until getting the job done?What are they using for scanning FTP or SMB?

SmlBizAdmin
04-12-2013, 06:35 PM
Tell them to change to static to connect until getting the job done?What are they using for scanning FTP or SMB?
I don't know whether FTP or SMB. I'm going there Monday morning so I'll get it taken care of then.

dshiels_17
04-13-2013, 08:51 AM
If the gateway device has been changed recently, the gateway may have changed, which might cause the web interface to not function.Some MFPs have to be set to allow the web interface connection. Regarding SMB(PC scanning), if the host computer is specified with a hostname, instead of an IP address, and your DNS server info is missing or wrong, it will not complete the scan. Also check the windows login username and password on the host to make sure they have not changed. Reseat or replace LAN cable. Make sure the scan one-touch user is pointing to the correct filename.

dshiels_17
04-13-2013, 08:54 AM
A simple hard reboot might solve it.

EarthKmTech
04-13-2013, 04:30 PM
I had a C200 the other day with a non responsive web interface.

I found the firmware was also so out of date it didnt even support SMB or FTP scanning, email was the only option.

Upgrading to the latest main firmware fixed everything. (NEVER upgrade the engine to the firmware that supposedly fixes power supply noises, this is like opening Pandora's box and will result in other intermittent phantom error codes to do with the ccd etc until you roll it back, at least in my 240v region)

SmlBizAdmin
04-13-2013, 11:50 PM
I had a C200 the other day with a non responsive web interface.

I found the firmware was also so out of date it didnt even support SMB or FTP scanning, email was the only option.

Upgrading to the latest main firmware fixed everything. (NEVER upgrade the engine to the firmware that supposedly fixes power supply noises, this is like opening Pandora's box and will result in other intermittent phantom error codes to do with the ccd etc until you roll it back, at least in my 240v region)

Just a little confused here. You say to update the firmware and then say not to.

dshiels_17
04-14-2013, 06:14 AM
Just a little confused here. You say to update the firmware and then say not to.

I believe the pissed off pussy says use latest base firmware version, just don't use the special firmware version to combat power supply noise, as they have had a bad experience with it.

SmlBizAdmin
04-21-2013, 05:29 AM
I went onsite and found what was their problem with the scanning. It just wasn't configured right for some and not configured at all. Fortunately I found a post elsewhere that clued me in to the correct place to go to configure the settings for scan to PC. I didn't bother troubleshooting the access to its web interface as I had to get going. That can wait for another time. Thanks for the help all.

Shadow
04-21-2013, 02:35 PM
your welcome
that's what we are all here for, is to assist each other with the knowledge gained from the years.

Custom Search