PDA

View Full Version : Wrinkling when folding, Konica Minolta C652 with FS536 and SD-508

Custom Search

Itsthepaper
04-12-2013, 06:41 PM
I recently installed FOC mod that replaced several exit guides on a FS-526 with SD508. Which improved my wrinkle issue but still when half folding I get hair line wrinkles on the 2nd page, trail egde of page gets wrinkled toward the outer edge not the folding edge. Anyone struggle with wrinkles from these SD508?

Itsthepaper
04-13-2013, 02:41 AM
Anybody, HEY GUYS!!

Gort
04-14-2013, 03:52 AM
Try cleaning the folding rollers.
I use 50% WD-40 liquid not spray & 50% isopropyl alcohol (at least 80%). The rollers can get paper residue (lint, clay, dust, toner, wax, ...) build up in a short time. The combination of WD-40/alcohol removes most of the crap that builds up without drying out the rollers. The WD-40 evaporates and absorbs quickly with no oily film.

NRTech
04-14-2013, 07:33 AM
Yep, give the rollers a good clean, awkward tho that is, if that doesn't work straighten/replace the folding knife. Customer may've bent this by running heavy stock.

Itsthepaper
04-15-2013, 12:01 AM
I told my field tech to clean the folding rollers when he 1st came up to me with this issue. If I go out there and that's what it is then my tech got lazy on me, I know those folding rollers could be just a little hassle to get in there real good and clean.

I'll check the knife and make sure the rollers are clean.

P.S. On another note, try some tri-flo oil that stuff does real good on getting the grime off and leaves rollers tacky.

Itsthepaper
04-16-2013, 01:05 PM
I'm going to replace the folding rollers and folding blade on and SD-508. Has any replaced the blade on a SD-508? I've searched in the manual but no dice, it looks really burried in there, every screw I'm thinking of loosening is painted red. Not trying to go there.

Custom Search