PDA

View Full Version : Overdue and too late......

Custom Search

Hansoon
04-14-2013, 02:05 PM
....... but perhaps somebody has use for this info.

Almost all the NIC's (part # 4625-161) for the Pi-3502 and Pi-5501 controller for the old Minolta Di-200/251/351 and Di-450/550 are dead in the mean time.

The problem starts with slow printing and eventually there will be no communication at all between the network and the machine. The NIC is not being available anymore since ages from Minolta and therefore all machines had to be replaced over the years. However, we still have around about 10 rental machines of the Di 351 and Di 450 series, some of them with extremely low meter counts on it, which I do not like to replace for several commercial reasons.

Since long I had the feeling that the problem might be caused by rotten capacitors as in so much electronic equipment these days because of the typical pattern of sometimes functioning, sometimes not and sometimes only, if at all, after a long time being under power.

Since I was bored by my wife anyway today and had nothing better to do, :) I replaced all electrolytic capacitors of a totally dead NIC and indeed it came to life again working very fast.

Perhaps somebody can use this information to his advantage.

Hans

blackcat4866
04-14-2013, 02:13 PM
Good work Hans.
Why too late? Have the machines been pulled from the field?

=^..^=

Hansoon
04-14-2013, 02:33 PM
I meant too late for our colleagues to take advantage of it perhaps Cat.

Several of our machines have been replaced with BH-350 B&W equipment but indeed those 10 or so left I will modify ofcourse :). Especially the 5 units Di-450 being around.

Hans

EarthKmTech
04-14-2013, 03:12 PM
In my country those machines have been officially unsupported for several years now, but i do remember wondering what was going on with all the network cards that were failing.

many customers went postal when i told them, sorry, cant fix it. It's time to buy a new machine, I just assumed it was crap post RoHS soldering like on many HP laserjet formatter cards that failed around the time lead solder was abandoned. (good luck having any consumer grade electronics last more than 5 years these days anyway)

Custom Search