PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C252 Fax Problem

Custom Search

brianho80
04-16-2013, 04:08 PM
Hi guys

just encounter a fax problem, the scenario is like:

while receiving incoming fax and outgoing fax, after dial tone -> establish connection -> connection half way the signal will cut off/ hang up, in engage mode.
i checked the error details, it mentioned "Protocol Error"

Action taken:
1, initialize fax setting
2, direct fax line to phone point
3, change receive fax = 1 time
4, off communication protocol
5, use a analog phone to make call using the Fax Line= No Problem.

Result:
Outgoing fax seem Ok sometimes but incoming fax always drop or hang up after the connection establish.

anyone has this problem before?

Itsthepaper
04-16-2013, 04:16 PM
Hi guys

just encounter a fax problem, the scenario is like:

while receiving incoming fax and outgoing fax, after dial tone -> establish connection -> connection half way the signal will cut off/ hang up, in engage mode.
i checked the error details, it mentioned "Protocol Error"

Action taken:
1, initialize fax setting
2, direct fax line to phone point
3, change receive fax = 1 time
4, off communication protocol
5, use a analog phone to make call using the Fax Line= No Problem.

Result:
Outgoing fax seem Ok sometimes but incoming fax always drop or hang up after the connection establish.

anyone has this problem before?

I encounter similar issues when fax machine is hooked up to a voip fax line. Try turning ECM to OFF and set baud rate down to 9600. Do you know if fax line is digital or analog?

brianho80
04-16-2013, 05:48 PM
That is an analog fax line..

at last, you able to settle your voip fax line? i believe that is using SIP protocol right. there is an article showing VOIP connect to fax and need to change some setting, i believe i saw in this forum before.

Darren King
04-17-2013, 12:19 AM
Is there anything else using the fax line? For example, a point of sale machine?

Mr Spock
04-17-2013, 12:35 AM
First thing I check is the wall outlet wired correctly and is the phone cord in the correct jack (line not phone).
Flash the fax pwb firmware to latest
Turn ecm off
Turn baud rate to 9600
set to mmr/mh only
turn up the attenuation

If it does not work then have customer check the phone line.

brianho80
04-17-2013, 04:57 AM
Is there anything else using the fax line? For example, a point of sale machine?Ya.. it must go thru a modem. This modem is for fiber optic connection.Do u suspecting this?

Mr Spock
04-18-2013, 12:17 AM
Ya.. it must go thru a modem. This modem is for fiber optic connection.Do u suspecting this?

This is not an analog phone if it has to go through a fiber optic modem.

brianho80
05-21-2013, 06:33 PM
Hi guys,

thanks for all the advise.

finally solve by replacing hard disk. ;)

was trying every fax Tx setting previously, who know just replace the HDD can solve fax problem.

koska
06-05-2014, 09:03 AM
Anyone can teach me step of setting again ? cz incoming n outgoing fax unable received .. when incoming fax have tone, but outgoing fax no dialing tone ..

mitchl
06-05-2014, 04:50 PM
I encounter similar issues when fax machine is hooked up to a voip fax line. Try turning ECM to OFF and set baud rate down to 9600. Do you know if fax line is digital or analog?
I betcha nailed it, VOIP can be a huge PITA and of course its always the machines fault, LOL.

Custom Search