PDA

View Full Version : C451 won't power after C3B04 Error

Custom Search

wmiprintsource
04-16-2013, 05:13 PM
I have a unit that was connected to my clients 220 outlet that was wired incorrectly, or just had a short. The unit was on for a short time and had a C3B04 error. Then made a sound, then the unit shut off. Now the unit won't turn back on. As far as I know the copier was never hooked to the outlet without a power filter. But I can't guarantee that. The outlet isn't powering anything right now.

My questions is this. If there was a power surge, or short of some kind. Could this have destroyed the power board if the copier was attached to the power filter. Are their any other parts that could have been damaged in this process. Also, are their other fuses that would have stopped the surge from reaching the power board.

907tec
04-16-2013, 06:38 PM
To answer your questions:

Yes, faulty power on a 220 line could have damaged the copier's power supply, even if it was on a power "filter".

Yes, there are many parts that could have been damaged besides the power supply.

No. There are not any fuses that would have prevented the power from reaching the power board. However, there are several fuses ON the power board that should be checked.

wseyller
04-17-2013, 01:53 AM
Assuming you have total loss of power. Do these troubleshooting step in order.

1. Check if you have correct AC voltage on the DC Power Supply at connector PJ1DCPU. If correct voltage is not supplied then something before this is bad which includes the main power switch "SW1" or any of the wiring inbetween, including the power cable itself.

2. With power disconnected check the continuity of any fuses on the DC power Supply. If any are bad then replace fuses if possible or replace the dc power supply.

3. On the DC power supply at connector PJ10DCPU check that you have 24V on pin 3 and also check pin 4. If not then replace the DC power supply.

4. On the DC power supply at connect PJ11DCPU check that you have 5V on pin 5, 6, & 7. If not then replace the DC power supply.

5. Now go to the printer control board (PRCB) and check that 5V is being delivered to pin 3 on CN3PRCB. If not then change the DC power supply. IF yes then change the printer control board.

If after changing any of these parts you do get power to certain areas but not other you will need another set of troubleshooting steps depending on what is happening. Steps above are for total loss of power to the machine.

Custom Search