PDA

View Full Version : c652

Custom Search

stacyrf
04-18-2013, 12:33 AM
Hello all, I have a C652 that I'm having a problem with the duplex. The paper comes into the duplexer and crashes before it gets to the first sensor. I have removed the covers and watched it, the duplex motor does not turn. I have installed that duplex on another machine and it works fine. I have replaced the driver board for the machine, no change. I can see that the motor gets a signal but just hums for about a second. I've tried new firmware. I've cursed at it. I ran screaming around the room (that helped a little). Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

Mr Spock
04-18-2013, 02:02 AM
Replace the paper feed transport pwb. This is located rear of machine at the bottom behind the metal plate. This controls most of the paper transport motors and sensors.

stacyrf
04-18-2013, 04:39 PM
Thanks Spock but I've already changed that out. Was the first thing I did.

EarthKmTech
04-18-2013, 05:40 PM
does the duplex unit even connect to that board ? sorry don't have my manual at the moment.

I'd be guessing the prcb would be the next thing to try regardless after a thorough check for damaged wiring / connectors.

NRTech
04-18-2013, 06:29 PM
Have you tried replacing the motor? They got a lot of heat from the fuser, also check the white gear that hangs down above the fuser, these wear and contribute to duplex issues.

stacyrf
04-18-2013, 07:16 PM
Ok I swapped the prcb with a known good one, that did not help, and as far as the motor, I took the whole duplex and placed it on another machine and it worked fine.

RRodgers
04-18-2013, 07:27 PM
Right above the there is a couple of white gears. check those.

stupid auto correct!!!!! there = Fuser (but you knew what I ment)

stacyrf
04-18-2013, 07:38 PM
Those are brand new Rogers, The paper reverses, and crashes at the nip of the duplex. The motor on the duplex hums for a second but does not turn, like it's getting a signal to turn both ways if you know what I mean. I have swapped the duplex to another machine and it works fine there.

stacyrf
04-18-2013, 10:32 PM
OK I got it. Some brilliant technician had put a C650 duplexer on my C652. I want to thank you guys for the responses and thank the super nice tech that shoved a day long monkey wrench into my machine.

Custom Search