PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta C451 Issue - please help!!!!!

Custom Search

starprint
04-18-2013, 03:48 PM
Hello, hoping you techies can help. We have been running a C451 and has worked great for the last 3 years.
Last month we had a grinding noise coming from the transfer belt area - (still printing great - just printing out of proportion). We purchased a new transfer belt and a new Imaging Unit Black and had these replaced (still printing). The noise was still there. So we had the Konica Engineers in and they said it was some cogs which they purchased and fitted in.
However once all the machine had been replaced with these cogs the machine now only prints black solid on the page. It will not image anything.

Please help what this could be,.
Tried a trouble reset but no luck.
I really think this was deliberately done to make me purchase a new printer. Can you guys help. THANKS :)

NRTech
04-18-2013, 04:16 PM
Check the black image unit is fitted securely. If any of the image units are slightly loose you get heavy background in the corresponding colour. The unit should be secured by a blue plastic clip assembly, this should be latched in place to prevent the image unit moving. It's also worth putting a pad between this clip and the black image unit to ensure a tight fit, a small piece of card board is about right. This may or maynot be the cause of your problem, but it's the quickest and simplest thing to check.

starprint
04-18-2013, 05:56 PM
Check the black image unit is fitted securely. If any of the image units are slightly loose you get heavy background in the corresponding colour. The unit should be secured by a blue plastic clip assembly, this should be latched in place to prevent the image unit moving. It's also worth putting a pad between this clip and the black image unit to ensure a tight fit, a small piece of card board is about right. This may or maynot be the cause of your problem, but it's the quickest and simplest thing to check.

Thank you for the quick reply. We have replaced with a new IU - I don't think it is related to any imaging units. It has the blue clip inserted. Any other suggestions.

minimerlin
04-18-2013, 07:46 PM
Hello, hoping you techies can help. We have been running a C451 and has worked great for the last 3 years.
Last month we had a grinding noise coming from the transfer belt area - (still printing great - just printing out of proportion). We purchased a new transfer belt and a new Imaging Unit Black and had these replaced (still printing). The noise was still there. So we had the Konica Engineers in and they said it was some cogs which they purchased and fitted in.
However once all the machine had been replaced with these cogs the machine now only prints black solid on the page. It will not image anything.

I really think this was deliberately done to make me purchase a new printer. Can you guys help. THANKS :)Why not get the "Konica Engineers " back to sort it out...for free! If it was printing all colors before they arrived with the gears, it should do so afterwards! What did they say before they left with the unit not working properly?:confused:

Itsthepaper
04-19-2013, 02:22 AM

I really think this was deliberately done to make me purchase a new printer. Can you guys help. THANKS :)

"Still Printing Great - Just out of proportion" What is that suppose to mean? What is COGS?

Sounds like your a print shop, so it's probably "Operator Error" or "Its the paper".

Get a service contract CHEAPO!!

Mr Spock
04-19-2013, 04:43 AM
cogs = gears (I think this was a British English translation)

I would guess that when they replaced the gears they may have accidentally unplugged the HV line to the black IU and that is causing issue.
That also assumes the gears where along the back wall of machine. It could just have broken the main charge wire due to age as well.

starprint
04-19-2013, 09:45 AM
cogs = gears (I think this was a British English translation)

I would guess that when they replaced the gears they may have accidentally unplugged the HV line to the black IU and that is causing issue.
That also assumes the gears where along the back wall of machine. It could just have broken the main charge wire due to age as well.

Thank you for you reply, how can we locate this wire and see if it is this wire that is the problem?

emujo
04-19-2013, 02:44 PM
You should call the tech that worked on your machine and demand that they return, and refuse to pay anything else for the repair (unless it can be determined that something else unrelated to the original problem broke)..In the future it would be wise to verify your MFP is working correctly before you release the tech...I agree that they probably left a HV wire loose or off...Emujo

Custom Search