PDA

View Full Version : fuser grease

Custom Search

peanut
12-06-2005, 10:20 PM
I work with mainly ricoh, savin, etc and I\'m looking for the best high temp grease with out a stench.

imagertech
12-07-2005, 10:19 PM
i use lubriplate from katun but i find i dont use fuser lube that much any more with the hightemp plastic parts. i do use it on the lower bushings in the smaller sharps.

12-08-2005, 01:53 AM
Mita used to sell \"Temp-1\" grease that worked ok back in the day but for the past 6 or so years I have been using a product called \"Super Lube\", you can pick it up anywhere. Its a clear synthetic oil that comes in a pen type oiler. its rateed for about 400 degrees but I have never had a problem with it in fusers. It\'s a very thin oil so a drop is almost more then enough for any squeek.

I agree with Imagertech, I haven\'t needed to lube a fuser in a while. I feel that most copier an printer noises have nothing to do with a lack of lubrication. 97% of the time noise is caused by dirty bushings, shafts, clutches... A little cleaning or a new set of $10 bearings will last longer then a lot of oil.

peanut
12-08-2005, 06:12 PM
peanut wrote:

I work with mainly ricoh, savin, etc and I\'m looking for the best high temp grease with out a stench.

Thank you for the help

Tonerbomb
12-10-2005, 05:10 AM
You can also get superlube in a tube that is grease instead of an oil.Check with katun or Ames supply. Ricoh reccomends and sells mobil temp 78. thats the dark grey high temp grease. They also use barierta grease for the fuser bushings, but it ain\'t cheap and I\'ve only seen it from ricoh.:evil: :evil: :evil:

12-13-2005, 03:21 AM
Which ever grease you use, make sure you slather it all over everything. Put on enough so that it can dry out in a month or so and turn into tar and cause all kinds of strange drive system drag problems. Unless you using something that comes in an aerosol can. If so, make sure you spray enough to coat the entire back of the machine and don\'t forget to hit all the clutches and the idlers in the exit area.

Any old tech can clean, but only a stud tech can transform a well running machine into job security with a can of WD-40.

Oh well, just my attempt at humor after a long Monday. :S

galexander37
09-24-2007, 08:19 PM
agree

wagon
09-24-2007, 11:49 PM
Callbacks - the iron clad guarantee of job security (to a point!). What about only half doing a pm? Grumble. Rant. Rave. Whack. I feel better now.

blackcat4866
09-25-2007, 01:17 AM
Try Molycote HP-500 Grease. Its made by Dow Corning (sharp part # UKOG-0235FCZZ). The Sharp color machines are know for "click, click, clickclickclick, click..." whenever the fuser rotates. Smear this stuff on the ends of the driven fuser roller to stop the bearings from rocking back & forth.

Second choice (distant second) Chemplex High Temp Grease. It runs all over the place. It stinks, but doesn't burn.

konitech
10-07-2007, 06:28 AM
i learned this from an old xerox guy, years ago. he had come out of retirement because he needed medical insurance. he started out working on the very first xerox copier. He told me that you can get all kinds of stuff to lubricate fusers, but the best thing is automatic transmission fluid. it's made to be a long lasting, high heat lubricant. put a little in an oil bottle and yer set. it's cheap, plentiful, and i used it for years. works great, especially on bearings...but remember, with lubricant, use only what you need, and put it only where you need it

philjessen
07-03-2013, 09:38 PM
Ricoh fuser bearing come from the factory packed with a fluorinated grease called Barrierta. If you mix any other type of grease with fluorinated grease they nullify each others lubrication properties. DuPont Krytox grease is a fluorinated grease completely compatible with Barrierta with an even wider operating temperature range. Available from Image Supply Service. Image Supply Service (http://www.imagesupplyservice.com)

Phil

jmaister
07-22-2013, 03:20 AM
MolyKote 300 is used for fuser gearing, actually listed as a part as well.

I'd call MolyKote and find some heat friendly spec-ed grease, help line lady is friendly.

Iowatech
07-22-2013, 05:40 AM
I don't know if it is available anymore, but I used to use Slick 50 One Lube grease when I ran out of the high temp version of Krytox back in the day.

Tonerkiller
07-22-2013, 05:58 PM
In 17 years I have never put grease on fuser gears so I have no use for it now either.

Venom
07-23-2013, 12:30 AM
In 17 years I have never put grease on fuser gears so I have no use for it now either.
Hot roller bushings would always make knocking noises on Ricohs so grease was the only fix. I doubt anyone wants to grease fuser gears.

Tonerkiller
07-25-2013, 02:08 PM
Hot roller bushings would always make knocking noises on Ricohs so grease was the only fix. I doubt anyone wants to grease fuser gears.

I have never worked on Ricohs.

copytech,mike
12-21-2019, 06:35 AM
I work with mainly ricoh, savin, etc and I\'m looking for the best high temp grease with out a stench. NEVER use any grease of any sort on plastic drive gears and especially not if you have cluch's in the area. Factory only uses grease on plastic gears to make them quiet, problem is that it slowly finds its way into your cluch's and causes intermittent jamming with no known cure. You can spray the cluch's out with alcohol and it usually fixes it. You can also spray all that grease on the gears with alcohol and swap out your cluches. This problem usually is found inside drive units or drive gear box's with cluch's involved. NOTE: Some Canon production machines use heavy fuser units with metal gears wich require special grease. In this case, when in doubt, use Mobil 1 red synthetic or Molycoat grease. Some Copier manufactures in this case call for special grease that costs 100.00 per ounce! Again, in this case use Mobil 1 red. Super lube oil or Tri Flow does nothing. Remember, on Office type copiers, no plastic gear ever needs grease. -Mike Gingell of Advanced Copier Solutions. Maryland.

copytech,mike
12-21-2019, 06:38 AM
Ricoh fuser bearing come from the factory packed with a fluorinated grease called Barrierta. If you mix any other type of grease with fluorinated grease they nullify each others lubrication properties. DuPont Krytox grease is a fluorinated grease completely compatible with Barrierta with an even wider operating temperature range. Available from Image Supply Service. Image Supply Service (http://www.imagesupplyservice.com)

Phil

Use Mobil 1 red and forget about Barrierta grease that's costs about 100.00 for an ounce. Also, never use any grease of any sort on plastic drive gears, it will find its way into your cluch's. Factory only uses it to make machines quiet. Its a disaster. Only production machines with steel gears need gease. They also don't have cluch's nearby.

south_asia
12-21-2019, 09:12 AM

You may try Chemplex grease for long lasting and high temperature. Its work well on all types of copiers.

blackcat4866
12-21-2019, 12:46 PM
You may try Chemplex grease for long lasting and high temperature. Its work well on all types of copiers.

You won't like Chemplex. It smokes and stinks like a bad running deisel truck. You'll have better results with Molycote HP500 or Uniflor 8172.

copyman
12-21-2019, 01:37 PM
Which ever grease you use, make sure you slather it all over everything. Put on enough so that it can dry out in a month or so and turn into tar and cause all kinds of strange drive system drag problems. Unless you using something that comes in an aerosol can. If so, make sure you spray enough to coat the entire back of the machine and don\'t forget to hit all the clutches and the idlers in the exit area.

Any old tech can clean, but only a stud tech can transform a well running machine into job security with a can of WD-40.

Oh well, just my attempt at humor after a long Monday. :S

That is whole idea of poster asking what grease to use so it don't dry out, etc. More important is if a grease will harm plastic gears which a lot will do !

Molykote (spelling?) hi temp grease is what I use. It's doesn't dry out or harm plastic and better not for $40 a tube!

Also use old clear fuser oil for noisy fuser bearings. Very minimal odor.

south_asia
12-21-2019, 01:48 PM
You won't like Chemplex. It smokes and stinks like a bad running deisel truck. You'll have better results with Molycote HP500 or Uniflor 8172.

We like it using Chemplex 710 compare to others HP200/300/500. It doesnt have smell as you mention.
We sometimes mix Chemplex 710 grease with HP grease too. It has own advantages and can try mix and use.

copyman
12-22-2019, 08:35 PM

Agree, last time I used it thought I was running an old Lionel train set with that stinky smoke that comes out of engine smoke stack ha-ha

Gab
12-24-2019, 04:19 PM
i use black grease from cars. It is ok

davel
12-26-2019, 02:07 AM
i use black grease from cars. It is ok

No car grease is made to be used at fuser temperatures it will just burn off.

Tonerkiller
01-02-2020, 01:22 PM
Do not use any grease on Kyoceras.

Custom Search