PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub pro 920 making a squeaking noise around fuser area

Custom Search

Mattdlam
04-19-2013, 07:35 AM
Hi there,

Need help please, I have a KM Bizhub pro 920 which is making a loud squeaking noise when printing. This noise is coming from the area where the front left and right door seperate or open and this is directly in line with the M6 Knob which turns the fuser rollers, if I open the ADU and turn that knob (M6) I can here the squeaks as if some part needs to be lubricated, what can be causing this or what do I need to change, I have searched in the service manual but could not get anything related to it, please assist.

Thanks in advance.

SmellsHot
04-19-2013, 12:49 PM
you've searched the service manual for a squeak? Why.......Pinpoint the noise and lubricate. Could be a bearing starting to seize...

minimerlin
04-19-2013, 07:17 PM
Remember that the lower roller has a secondary cleaner roller that runs behind it, it has small bearings that also require looking at!

Stevowp
05-03-2013, 11:27 AM
check the cleaning web, that causes squeaking if the web ran its life

pepper38_cnd
05-03-2013, 01:07 PM
I will apologize for my post before I start. Maybe I am just in a grouchy mood today. But I think SmellsHot was being too kind.

To answer your question: When I turn this knob I hear a noise, what can it be?

First understand that knob turns the lower fuser roller, which if pressure is applied turns the upper fuser. So if we release the pressure lever and the noise goes away it is likely something in the upper fuser. If the noise is still there then it is probably something in the lower fuser ( likely lower roller bearings). I would bet that a visual inspection would show signs of rust around the offending bearing.

I’m sorry but if this is not something that you could diagnose on your first visit to the machine, if it is actually something you felt you needed to post on the World Wide Web, to get the answer. You had better go to your boss and ask that you be promoted to Service Manager, or Parts Manager, or Dispatcher maybe Janitor, because being a Field Service Tech is not in your blood.

Custom Search