PDA

View Full Version : Oldie Di3010 jams tray 1

Custom Search

Jude
04-21-2013, 01:44 AM
There is a stutter jam in tray one. The paper will pick up and if I watch the paper feed it looks like it stutters or feeds real slow. Anyone ever see this before? Tray two is very smooth and steady. .

wseyller
04-21-2013, 02:00 AM
Could be the one-ways or the tray 1 feed clutch slipping.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

fixthecopier
04-21-2013, 03:03 AM
One way clutches
crack in front of tray
latch holding tray
modification to let pick up rollers drop lower.

Jude
04-21-2013, 03:51 AM
One way clutches
crack in front of tray
latch holding tray
modification to let pick up rollers drop lower.

I am wondering if you could expound on each of these. I have manual but not too specific. Thanks for your help!

wseyller
04-21-2013, 04:03 AM
There are plastic clips on the front that the tray snaps into when you close it. They didn't work well causing the tray not to fully close well which in effect also caused the pickup roller not to come down enough. Clip design was changed. Old clips are black and new ones are white in color. Some people would put some velco on the backside of the tray to further push up the actuator that brings the pickup roller down. Instead of that I normally bend the metal bar in the pickup assembly that the actuator allows to move.

Hansoon
04-21-2013, 06:04 AM
Old clips are black and new ones are white in color

Here in Europe its the opposite. The white ones are the old clips. The black clips are modified and stronger and have also a spring added.......... :);)

Hans

fixthecopier
04-21-2013, 11:02 AM
Here in Europe its the opposite. The white ones are the old clips. The black clips are modified and stronger and have also a spring added.......... :)

Hans

Same here, white ones are old. Almost all of the trays on the di and bizhub models like that have broken trays. Like wseyeller said, I bend the metal to allow the roller to drop a little more.

wseyller
04-21-2013, 03:28 PM
Same here, white ones are old. Almost all of the trays on the di and bizhub models like that have broken trays. Like wseyeller said, I bend the metal to allow the roller to drop a little more.

I probably have got it backwards on the color.

Custom Search