PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 223 Lines

Custom Search

Gaffers01
04-22-2013, 09:50 AM
I have bizhub 223 at a customers that had a line every 6-8 prints (about 10mm) wide from top to bottom that varied in position, if you felt the line it would feel like developer. I replaced the drum and developer units and the problem disappeared.

But I had a call this morning to say the problem is back but now really bad, every page is now covered in black lines that can be rubbed off.

Im hoping for a bit of heads up before i go, if not i will attach a sample copy when i return.

Gaffers01
04-25-2013, 09:37 AM
Here is some samples of the problem im getting.

Like I said in previous post I had this problem before and I replaced the drum unit and developer and the problem went but 3500 copies later and its back.
I have cleaned all contacts around the drum unit and transfer roller and replaced the HV unit.

I dont get any error codes either.

dickierock
04-25-2013, 11:49 AM
Hi,
You seem to have covered the obvious,
it does look like dev/ contact/hv issue from the samples
sorry don't have an answer but things you might check
firmware done?
environment?? extreme cold,damp,etc
power source fluctuation??
is it worth taking out of its current location??

Best of luck

fixthecopier
04-25-2013, 12:28 PM
Did you put an assembled drum unit, or did you get a kit and put the drum and blade yourself? Looks like a charge arching off. I would go wit a drum from another machine to verify. If it works with the other, take your drum apart and check everything.

Is it a new dv box? Old worn dv collars could cause problems.

fixthecopier
04-25-2013, 12:39 PM
Now that I think about it, if those are void streaks where the black lines are, you could have a laser issue. Some lasers don't just stop and code, they make really cool electrical noise before they quit. And when I first had one,I also went for the drum.

The second sample shows the defect is not spaced even, which takes my attention away from the drum.

Gaffers01
04-25-2013, 01:02 PM
The drum was a complete new unit, but the dev was just a new packet not a unit.

I have managed to get the machine pretty much working but I get a white band occasionally, i decreased the Max Image Density Adj to -8 which is the lowest setting. But i dont think this is a solution just a get around for now.

SmellsHot
04-25-2013, 01:48 PM
A new dev unit sounds like the next step... how are the white nubs on the transfer roller? are they straight or have they started rounding out yet?

cbalin
07-17-2013, 05:47 PM
Hey Guys'
Not to be funny but I have a developer kit that I ordered for my Bizhub 223, I was wondering, where it goes in the printer ? Does it go inside of the drum unit ?
Thanks for all help.
CB

igorp86
08-09-2013, 10:11 AM
I would suggest you to change transfer roller and transfer roller clutch

fixthecopier
08-09-2013, 10:33 AM
I would suggest you to change transfer roller and transfer roller clutch

This thread was started in April, pretty sure it has been fixed.

igorp86
08-09-2013, 10:44 AM
Sorry did't look at the date :o

Zeldaman
08-09-2013, 10:53 AM
Hi there!
Allways the same f..k with this boxes. After changing the developer for the 3. time the collars are so worn out, that after shortest time the drum is killed!
In germany we can order the socalled DS roll kit: A1UDR90100 Since we change it with the developer every time there are no more problems.
Greetings...

cbp.patel
08-09-2013, 11:02 AM
this is problem related to developing unit.
you must change whole developing unit or rolls(spacer at the two end of magnetic roller).

Custom Search