PDA

View Full Version : CQ C451 & C550 Image Problems

Custom Search

aimprint
04-22-2013, 11:49 PM
I have had this problem on the C550 for years, The Transfer belt cleaning roller drive gears on the main body always wear out and start to jump out of meshing together and turn the transfer belt cleaning roller on the front edge. Had given up hope of figuring it out, but now has done it on a c451 that is basically the same machine. Attached pics of part that keeps wearing down. Anyone come accross this and find apermanent solution?

Mr Spock
04-23-2013, 12:07 AM
They updated the assembly. I cannot tell if that is the old or new. I will try to get the new part numbers. I do not have access to bulletins right this minute.

Gaffers01
04-23-2013, 09:46 AM
I've had this problem on a few of that range of machines,
I believe the problem is that the customers don't do enough colour prints and the belt doesn't get lubricated properly which causes the belt to judder and eventually the gears wear.

aimprint
04-23-2013, 01:39 PM
Thanks Mr Spock, The attachment you provided has the new part numbers, I will order the parts and hopefully that will fix the issue

OutlawTorn
05-27-2013, 07:29 PM
I have just been at a C451 today that is possibly displaying these symptoms.

It is grinding and screeching on every copy (during the cleaning of the ITB I believe) and leaving green and magenta lines on the copies/prints.

Does this sound like this issue with the shaft/gear of the ITB cleaning wearing out?

tech51
05-27-2013, 07:56 PM
I have just been at a C451 today that is possibly displaying these symptoms.

It is grinding and screeching on every copy (during the cleaning of the ITB I believe) and leaving green and magenta lines on the copies/prints.

Does this sound like this issue with the shaft/gear of the ITB cleaning wearing out?
Yup it sure does!!!

EarthKmTech
05-27-2013, 11:35 PM
I had one doing it once a week to another tech until i went out to investigate and realised the belt was assembled incorrectly at the factory and was not driving the waste toner auger due to incorrect sized gears (452 version) parts installed in the belt unit.

check that the rear belt drum turns the gears that drive the waste toner auger in the cleaning section - if not, throw the belt away and replace it.

OutlawTorn
05-28-2013, 02:07 PM
Thanks guys,

I have ordered up the ITB and also the modification for the cleaning drive so fingers crossed that will sort it out.

Custom Search