PDA

View Full Version : Substitute colors don't work on c8000 with CW5

Custom Search

AB1984
04-23-2013, 11:37 AM
I've been trying to change the colours by checking the substitute colors box to no affect.
I've used the output preview of Acrobat to find the original color (to be converted) and added it to the resources - spot colours tab in device centre. Its only a slight difference I want, so to make sure it was working I set the output black value to 100, but haven't seen any change. Is there anything I'm missing?

Cheers

Mick01
04-24-2013, 07:37 AM
In the Acrobat Output Preview ensure you are previewing the colour in the correct colour space. To confirm this click on "Object Inspector" and click on the colour within the PDF document.
This will display the colour space for the object. You can then change the colour space within the "seperations" to correctly display the colour you are wanting to change. Make sure when you set up the "Substitute Colour" make the toleance setting large.

Hope this helps.

AB1984
04-24-2013, 12:55 PM
Thanks for the response, the Object Inspector gave me:

ColorSpace: ICCBasedRGB sRGB IEC62966-2.1
Color Values = [0.76471, 0.67843, 0.63922]
Overprint=False OPM=1 ri=Relative Colorimetric

This doesn't really mean anything to me, except that I'm assuming the original colour space was RGB?

Do I need to change something in the colour settings (expert or basic) to make my substitutes work? Or do I need to change the substitutes themselves?

cheers

Mick01
04-24-2013, 01:48 PM
Ok, what that tells me is that it is an RGB color you are trying to edit. It also tells me the RGB values are 76 red, 67 green and 63 blue.
you will need to create a substitute color using those values. Remember to set the tolerance to high.
if you are unsure how to do this let me know

AB1984
04-25-2013, 10:30 AM
I've tried that to no avail :(

I also tried converting them to 8-bit values (0-255) and that didn't work either.

Mick01
04-26-2013, 12:07 AM
For substitute color to work the following needs to be set up.
New Substitute Group
New Substitute Colour, this Colour needs to be set up with the values for the Colour you need to edit. Ie RGB values obtained in the PDF. You can then edit the cmyk output values or print out the Colour edit page and choose the closest Colour match you want.
spot Colour matching needs to be checked in the expert Colour settings
Substitute Colour needs to be checked in the Colour settings

if all these are done then when you print the document the change in Colour should be reflected. Please note the Colour has to be a solid Colour, not an image.
Before you print the document try process and hold, then preview. This should display the Colour change if it is successful.

i hope this helps, I have always been successful at this when I train on this subject.

Custom Search