PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Printer hang - not printing or scanning

Custom Search

Eugene74
04-24-2013, 07:33 AM
Hi guys,

I've got a B195 that has been setup on a network. 15 people print and scan (FTP) to the device. The customer complaint that since the last three weeks the machine randomly doesn't print or scan. We extended the powersave from 15min up to 240min, but it seems that it happen even out of powersave. Customer say that when the machine hangs up the prints they have send doesn't print and then the whole print job get lost somewhere in the system..... When this happen you can't ping the machine, print to it or scan from it. I had it now for three days in the workshop and can not replicate the fault at all. We did the firmware to the latest, as we noticed that there are firmware available for similar problems on the NIC. Machine went up to ver. GC9-05 and the NIC to ver. G02-07 with this firmware problem occurs at customer but not in our office. We have dropped of a loan B250 there for them to use in the meanwhile, and they havn't complaint about the same issues. So we actually ruled out there network.

Are there any suggetions were we can look now, the customer is in the progress of purchasing more machines from us, so we would like to have a answer for them.

Regards
Eugene

Mr Spock
04-24-2013, 11:32 PM
2 different machines. 2 different nic cards.

I would start by setting the nic on the 195 to 100 half duplex instead of auto. I have seen this on cisco brand switches the auto negotiate does not work well.

I would also check the wiring and see if they are using all 4 pairs of wire or if 2 are used for phone. I have seen this cause issues on other copiers.

If possible try a different wall jack and see if problem continues.

Darren King
04-24-2013, 11:34 PM
I misread your post so I deleted mine.

Custom Search