PDA

View Full Version : CQ can't scan from original glass unless adf is open

Custom Search

David Morrison
04-24-2013, 01:18 PM
This is a VL6022 (not sure what the KM equivalent is). If the ADF is closed with any size paper on the glass (or no paper for that matter), it detects it at 8.5 x 11, but when you press start to scan it, the scanner only moves to the slit glass, copier spits out a blank sheet and it errors out saying it can't detect the paper size. If the ADF is open and you scan the page on the glass, the everything works normally. Everything works normally from the ADF as well. Any suggestions?

rrrohan
04-24-2013, 03:53 PM
This is a VL6022 (not sure what the KM equivalent is). If the ADF is closed with any size paper on the glass (or no paper for that matter), it detects it at 8.5 x 11, but when you press start to scan it, the scanner only moves to the slit glass, copier spits out a blank sheet and it errors out saying it can't detect the paper size. If the ADF is open and you scan the page on the glass, the everything works normally. Everything works normally from the ADF as well. Any suggestions?

i think the equivalent to the VL6022 is a B751.

not sure if this machine has the option of no Doc Feeder but for testing if you unplugged it then try scanning a A3 document off glass.

Pretty sure most model either dont even realise doc feeder isnt plugged in or just accept that one isnt installed on the lower end models not 100% certain on the production machines (or as close to production as Konica Minolta can do)

if that works OK sounds like a problem with Doc feeder and as always I would start by updating firmware.

David Morrison
04-24-2013, 04:06 PM
i think the equivalent to the VL6022 is a B751.

not sure if this machine has the option of no Doc Feeder but for testing if you unplugged it then try scanning a A3 document off glass.

Pretty sure most model either dont even realise doc feeder isnt plugged in or just accept that one isnt installed on the lower end models not 100% certain on the production machines (or as close to production as Konica Minolta can do)

if that works OK sounds like a problem with Doc feeder and as always I would start by updating firmware.

A colleague replaced rollers on it yesterday and lost a bearing that goes in the ADF. I didn't think that would cause it to not recognize paper on the glass, but he went back today and removed the rollers completely and now it scans just fine. He'll have to order that bearing and put the rollers back in to finish the job.

rrrohan
04-25-2013, 03:03 PM
A colleague replaced rollers on it yesterday and lost a bearing that goes in the ADF. I didn't think that would cause it to not recognize paper on the glass, but he went back today and removed the rollers completely and now it scans just fine. He'll have to order that bearing and put the rollers back in to finish the job.
was it a bearing or a one way clutch?

David Morrison
04-25-2013, 03:20 PM
was it a bearing or a one way clutch?
It was a bearing.

Custom Search