PDA

View Full Version : Unable to enter / save in address book Bizhub C25

Custom Search

NIMROD0505
04-24-2013, 09:34 PM
Hello,

I have to install a baby Bizhub C25 - I have connected to it via PageScope Web Connection and can 'see' the Scan > Speed dials, but I can't enter new destinations; the page for selecting the destination type (fax/email/ftp/smb) just doesn't appear.

I've tried admin mode / user mode, no difference. I've tried IE, Firefox & Chrome.

Also I cant add a User - same reason - the required page just isn't in the browser.

Any ideas?

Mr Spock
04-24-2013, 11:18 PM
Some of these needed a firmware update out of the box. I think this also needs optional hdd to add an address book or scanning but I could be wrong.

NIMROD0505
04-24-2013, 11:28 PM
Some of these needed a firmware update out of the box. I think this also needs optional hdd to add an address book or scanning but I could be wrong.

I think the HDD may be the issue. Digging thru the software manual, the SpeedDials can only be set by a Registered User and you can only have Registered Users if you have a HDD upgrade or CF Card.

Why-o-why couldn't they make it clear in the docs!!!

blackcat4866
04-25-2013, 01:30 AM
Do you have Account Tracking enabled? I think it blocks access to the addressbook, among other things.

SmellsHot
04-26-2013, 02:14 PM
Machine doesn't come standard with HDD(not required for adding speed dials). And acct track/user auth is not available on this model. Having said that you have to be logged in as administrator(this is also the administrator login password) Then go to scan tab, then touch speed dial. If you are entering email, fax, or LDAP you would use the 1-220 numbers. Scan to FTP/SMB is 221-250. Click on the numbers and follow the screen from there. After setting a speed dial or group dial, I highly recommend you set those as favorites, as it's much easier to find them from the machine. Other wise you have to search trhough the address book.
hope this helps

Custom Search