PDA

View Full Version : Jamming FS-535, copying booklet gives error C-1103

Custom Search

kurtjo
04-25-2013, 02:07 PM
one set always ok, more than one always jam.

Spidula
04-26-2013, 08:27 PM
Title
FS-535/FS-526 J72-19 or C1103

Language
English

Release date
2012-10-08

Description
<Symptom>
There is a possibility that the paper jam (J72-19: FS transport section) or C1103 (Alignment plate motor/Fr's malfunction) occurs on multiple copy/print using FS-535.

<Cause>
The spring of the SD2 solenoid (A11PR70200) brakes off.

Because the same spring was also used on FS-526 and no trouble has been recognized, we recognized the strength of it has been proven in the field. However, we have received several reports of this broken spring on FS-535, we decided to precede an engineering design change on the spring.

<Measures>
1) Temporary measure (in the production)
An additional inspection step to watch the hook position of the spring has been adopted.
* The possibility of breakage increases if the hook is not in the groove correctly.
<Effective Se/No>
FS-535: S/N. A2Y1WY1003598 and onwards. Date: June 19, 2012 and onward

2) Permanent measure
The diameter of the metal wire and the number of wind of the spring was changed to increase the strength with FS-535 and FS-526.
The Parts Modification Notice issued the following.
FS-535 PMN:KOM121068E0
FS-526 PMN:KOM121069E0

You can shine your torch in through the front door of the finisher and will see the spring hanging off of the solenoid.

Its a bit of a bugger to change!

Have fun

The diagram on the attachment shows a shot from the rear of the finisher.

EarthKmTech
04-26-2013, 08:34 PM
no trouble has been recognized my ass. I've had the problem half a dozen times on the FS-526 and get the standard respnonce of "Oh, we've never heard of it happening to anyone else" :mad:

Screw the bulletins, i keep in my car the solenoid with the beefier spring and swap them out all the time without issue. I actually had to use my brain to figure out what was going on the first time i saw this, now i've done so many including the 535, that i'm in and out within the hour with a fine tuned method.

Spidula
04-27-2013, 04:12 PM
no trouble has been recognized my ass. I've had the problem half a dozen times on the FS-526 and get the standard respnonce of "Oh, we've never heard of it happening to anyone else" :mad:

Screw the bulletins, i keep in my car the solenoid with the beefier spring and swap them out all the time without issue. I actually had to use my brain to figure out what was going on the first time i saw this, now i've done so many including the 535, that i'm in and out within the hour with a fine tuned method.

Don't know how you do it, but Im a slim guy, so can go through the back and just take the plunger bit with the spring on out of the solenoid and replace with new.

EarthKmTech
04-27-2013, 11:13 PM
Don't know how you do it, but Im a slim guy, so can go through the back and just take the plunger bit with the spring on out of the solenoid and replace with new.

thats what i do to, but im a fat guy - i dont know what difference that makes :cool:

i gain access to the top as well just so i can get the top of the spring hooked on easy, otherwise its a prick of a job.

Custom Search