PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 920 J72-17 help...

Custom Search

bseeley1844
04-26-2013, 04:46 PM
Hopefully someone can shine a little light on this for me. Issue is the machine intermittently is jamming 72-17. When it runs good it runs good, when it does not the jams are fairly consistent.

Every time I have seen the machine Jam I there has been a peice of paper (not crinkled or obstructed) at and flagging the FNS main tray exit sensor. So while the machine is acting as if it did not reach there, it clearly did.

1 time the last page even got out of the machine and then the 72-17 showed. So in my opinion either there is a major timing issue or this sensor is functioning all the time.

I have replaced the sensor, actuator and spring. I have replaced the wiring going to the sensor from the control board. I have replaced the reverse sensor (ps8) and actuator in ADU. I have replaced the ADU drive board (for a seperate issue). I have cleaned the one way gear shaft on the main body exit unit.

I just found a solution for the 950 to adjust the paper exit solenoid, even though this is a 920 they are similar and the solenoid is the exact same. I have not tried that yet. I also was thinking maybe the FNS control board?

Any body have any thoughts or experience with this issue?

scottybbb
04-26-2013, 07:54 PM
I would try cleaning or replacing #55va77220 paper exit driving gear and #55va77600 ADU lock gear.

MVPunisher
05-31-2013, 08:54 PM
Ok I am actually the same guy that posted the original post. I was then using my service managers ID, now I have created my own.

This 72-17 problem is really a pain. Throughout May this problem continued at a very consistent pace of a few times per day. More times than not there was nothing in the machine at all. Copy job completely done, nothing in machine yet 7217 flashes. Open and close finisher good to go til next time.

Prior to my last visit I replaced the (Wiring, Exit Sensor, Actuator, Spring...reverse actuator sensor and spring. Cleaned exit one way gear and adu lock gear....so it left me thinking one more thing, the FS control board.

after getting 54 j7217s in the last 20 days (44,000 prints)....I replaced the FS control board. IMMEDIATELY upon replacing the board the problem resolved itself (for the first time, this has been a very consistent issue)....It then ran for 8 days and 20,000 prints jam free before you guessed it, it came back. Right on its continuous 2-5 times a day pace.

That is too coincidental to me that when i replaced the board this finally went away for 20k....it never went away before...not even for a little bit.

Any ideas? I tested the wall outlet to see if it was taking out the board. We are getting 207 volts, According to Konicas specs the machine requires 230volts +- 10%....so that would put the range at exactly 207-253...putting their outlet at the very bottom of the specs...

any suggestions appreciated....

SmellsHot
06-03-2013, 12:50 PM
put on a line conditioner to rule out the outlet....

JustManuals
06-03-2013, 08:37 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Custom Search