PDA

View Full Version : 6500 Horizontal lines and void on black

Custom Search

Splatt
04-28-2013, 09:04 PM
Hi All,
First off, I'm an end user. Sorry if that offends but circumstances are that I can't get a maintenance contract and I haven't found any freelance service engineers.

The copier is a Bizhub pro c6500.
My problem is 2 two fine lines from leading edge to trailing edge and a line of void, all located fairly close together towards the rear of the machine. I printed a page of each colour and found that it is only on the black channel. The drum is only 13% in and looks spotless. I checked the developer and to my untrained eye that looks ok with no breaks in the toner when I rotate it.

If anyone can suggest probable cause I would be heartily grateful. In fact, I'd gladly paypal the price of a beer to whoever can help me fix it!

Thanks in advance,
Steve.

minimerlin
04-28-2013, 09:24 PM
Hi Steve,
Sounds like you have some obstruction between the lazer and the drum of the black unit or hairs on the grid.
I take it you know how to remove the developer tank since you say you turned it.
Take it out and look in towards the black drum, use the test print you made and look for something that is in the area of the missing image lines.
It is hard to describe for me but I think you will understand.

Then look back towards the lazer looking for the same area to see if there is a hair or other.

Also remove the charge corona for the black drum and check for hairs etc on the grid..can be a cause of lines.

Good luck.

Any chance of a scan showing the actual fault...can make it easier to confirm possible problems.:cool:

Splatt
04-29-2013, 12:58 AM
Hi Merlin,
Thanks for the speedy response.
I removed drum, dev and corona and couldn't see anything obvious so I deftly wiped down the cavity with an alcohol wipe and then gently brushed around the laser glass. I'm guessing that I have to be careful in there and so didn't actually try to clean the glass. On restart I printed a test and I now have just one line that has moved to half-way down the page. In the morning I'll clean again and see if that clears it.

Cheers for the help, what's your tipple?
Steve.

Gaffers01
04-29-2013, 12:22 PM
Hi Merlin,
Thanks for the speedy response.
I removed drum, dev and corona and couldn't see anything obvious so I deftly wiped down the cavity with an alcohol wipe and then gently brushed around the laser glass. I'm guessing that I have to be careful in there and so didn't actually try to clean the glass. On restart I printed a test and I now have just one line that has moved to half-way down the page. In the morning I'll clean again and see if that clears it.

Cheers for the help, what's your tipple?
Steve.

You can actually pull the glass out of the machine to clean, open the door so you can see the inside of the machine and there are 4 Black plastic (10mmx10mm) pieces, just to the right below the developer units. just pull each one out for each colour and clean.

Custom Search