View Full Version : HP4050 Maintenance Message

Custom Search

Chuck Morgan
12-11-2005, 08:44 AM
how do I reset the \"Perform Printer Maintenance\" message on my HP-4050

12-13-2005, 03:24 AM
Chuck Morgan wrote:

You can download the file with instructions for resetting all the HP laser printers from this site.

imagertech
12-15-2005, 04:45 PM
i recomend doing the maintance first and if you buy a kit from HP or any other distributer it will have the instructions for reset.

Lance
01-05-2006, 05:41 AM
imagertech wrote:

i recomend doing the maintance first and if you buy a kit from HP or any other distributer it will have the instructions for reset.
I agree, this is a good printer that will last for years and years with proper maintenance. The kits a cheap and just about anyone can follow the directions that come with the kits these days.

JustManuals
01-10-2006, 04:25 AM
If you reset the maintenance message without installing a maintenance kit, you wil possibly cause some damage to the printer.

hth
paul@justmanuals.com

imagertech
01-10-2006, 04:45 PM
YOU WILL NOT CAUSE DAMAGE TO THE MACHINE IF YOU DO NOT DO THE MAINTANCE!!!!! You however would be wise to do the maint. then reset it .(Paul stick to Selling crap online)

hawkfan12
01-10-2006, 07:20 PM
imagertech wrote:

YOU WILL NOT CAUSE DAMAGE TO THE MACHINE IF YOU DO NOT DO THE MAINTANCE!!!!! You however would be wise to do the maint. then reset it .(Paul stick to Selling crap online)

Dude, Where\'s the love? I don\'t want to argue the pros and cons of recommended preventative maintenance with you but it sounded like the guy was just offering some good advice.

imagertech
01-11-2006, 12:50 AM
your right it. i just dont care for incorrect information posted to scare someone. i treat this as a profession and if i dont know the correct answer then i dont give my advise.

Tonerbomb
01-11-2006, 02:27 AM
:ohmy: You were a bit harsh, Any damage would likely be to the units that need replacment. But I do agree with your attitude about the job and this site. This site will only work for the real tech\'s if we provide correct information, or our best troubleshooting scenario. Doesn\'t matter if your an INDY, or a dealer or an OEM retailer. From time to time we all have to decide weather to \"run it to failure or replace it for reliability\":evil: :evil: :evil:

P.S. Karma 4 honesty

01-11-2006, 06:57 AM
Wow, this turned into a fun one!

Rapid Refill Ink
03-08-2006, 10:12 PM
Do this and all should be good!!

\"The Short Cut Method\"
1. Turn the printer off.
2. Hold down the Item key (minus side of the button) and Value key (minus side).
3. Turn the printer on.
4. Wait for RESET MAINTENANCE COUNT to be displayed and then release both keys.

NOTE: Some versions of the 4000, 4050, 4100, and 5000 will NOT have their maintenance count reset by following the preceding \"short cut\" method. This is do to the many different formatter board revisions. If the short cut method doesn\'t reset the maintenance count then you will need to go into service mode to manually reset the maintenance count to zero.

Good Luck!

Wild Bill
02-04-2007, 06:14 AM
You will not damage anything but by not keeping up with the maintenance the machine will deteriorate. It's like your car, by letting one thing that broke go without repair too many times creates a piece of !#@%$!@#

If the perform maintenance light is on

Reset Maintenance Count
After the PM kit has been installed, reset the maintenance count.
1 Turn the printer off.
2 While pressing [– Item] and [– Value] turn the printer on.
RESET MAINTENANCE COUNT appears, followed by INITIALIZING.
After a few seconds READY appears.

Also this will not work if the perform maintenance lite is NOT on. You will have to go into service mode.

JustManuals
02-04-2007, 07:32 AM

Have you installed a maintenance kit?

JustManuals
08-14-2009, 03:19 AM

Actually I was trying to protect the professional. keep telling these home users how to fix things and your business will go the way of the dinosaurs
This forum is for technicians.

Custom Search