PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 751/601 paper in cleaning unit

Custom Search

Kidaver
04-29-2013, 04:33 PM
Has anyone else come across this? Paper will makes it way up into the cleaning unit. I've seen it on a few machines, but I have one that is really bad about it. I'll find at least 1 if not 2 or 3 sheets of paper inside the cleaning unit, afterwards when another sheet tries to go up into the cleaning unit it will work itself around the drum and get stuck under the charge grid. The most recent call for this the sheet made it all the way around drum to get hung up in the dev unit and pulled back around to the bottom side of the drum just hanging stopping any paper from passing thru the machine.

Darren King
04-29-2013, 05:36 PM
Remove the drum seperator assembly. Remove and clean the solenoid and levers. Do not lubricate. Re-assemble and make sure everything moves freely. Re-attach drum seperator assembly.
Hope this helps.
Darren

DigiMan
04-29-2013, 05:44 PM
Try to print with the front door open and check(as in look inside) if paper jumps a bit while going through transfer/separation corona and the drum,this should happen more often when printing duplex i presume?Also by this way check if the drum claws are moving/working correctly.If not do as Darren said and try another corona from another machine if its possible.

JustManuals
04-29-2013, 08:17 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

HoonBoy
04-29-2013, 08:52 PM
Had this problem, ended up being multi feed from a tray.... Check the separation rollers.

Kidaver
04-29-2013, 10:29 PM
The drum sep claws are working correctly....I have sat there and watched paper go thru the machine....to be honest I have never actually seen the paper go up into the cleaning unit...I've only been there to clean up the aftermath...last week my service manager, our DSM from Konica, and I sat there for 2 hours running duplex thru this machine with no problems...the next day the problem happens....and I can't tie it down to just any one user as it's in a high school....I honestly suspect their cheap fething paper...as we've rebuilt the entire imaging unit a few weeks ago and all the feed rollers in tray 1-4 plus the LCT were changed then as well...I'm just asking around for maybe something I've missed....I'll check the drum sep claws but as I said they are working as is the fan under the suction belts to pull paper down off the drum...we also tweeked the DC voltage on the sep wire some....

blackcat4866
04-30-2013, 12:39 AM
I've had this problem on bizhub PRO 950's. I've come to believe that on my machines it's caused by incorrect setting of paper color on the paper trays. It's always blue or green paper, and the tray is set as white paper. After a lot of fruitless talking about setting the trays to match the media, I am seeing far less calls for paper in the cleaning units. The developing unit can hold 4 pieces of paper, the primary charge 7 pieces, and the cleaning unit 10. On one notable call I removed 27 full 8 1/2 & 11 pages.

I can't find it stated anywhere, but I believe that there are different potential control settings for different colors of paper, at least on the 950.
=^..^=

ineo+6501
04-30-2013, 09:23 AM
If the drum claw solenoid and the claws themselves are clean and working, adjust the transfer/sep. Worked for me on dozens of 750/751's

fixthecopier
04-30-2013, 10:32 AM
I have this happen a lot. For me, I change the transfer seperation unit. If the discharge is arcing off, the paper will stick to the drum.

EarthKmTech
04-30-2013, 02:56 PM
if the end user is using shit paper, you must increase the separation voltage. Assuming everything else is perfecto.

CraigW
04-30-2013, 06:13 PM
Went through this a while back on a 7255... only time it would occur was using "sheet/cover insert" mode. Solutions say latest firmware (right), set separation to the highest recycle # available and still would not work. Last I told them was to print the insert sheets and select blank instead of copy method and have not been back since.

Kidaver
04-30-2013, 10:06 PM
When the DSM was out we did adjust the separation DC from 114 to 130...I guess I'll try a higher setting maybe....is there a good level to adjust it or is it just going to be be adjust, watch, rinse, repeat?

SmellsHot
05-01-2013, 12:36 PM
I would throw a new T&S unit in the machine. I've seen the metal guide on the t&s unit get bent up slightly and cause weird separation/jamming issues. Also how old are the wires in the T&S unit? I've always wondered why KM use to give you the wires in the 7155/7255 model PM kits, but stopped doing it on the 600/601 series. It's the same engine.....

Kidaver
05-01-2013, 02:07 PM
The sep corona wires are all new....we did rebuild on the image unit, the fuser, and T&S unit.

Phrag
06-17-2013, 12:25 AM
I've got the same issue. They're using a decent brand of paper. Reflex I believe (After I stressed that Tudor is a lightweight, crappy paper). I'm planning on heading out to change the drum claw solenoid to see if that works. But before I do that, I might just double check to see if those claws are actually operating.

Looking at the timing charts, it looks like they're told to contact the drum just before the paper passes the drum, otherwise they are sitting off the drum (To reduce wear I suppose.)

PeterG
06-17-2013, 07:08 AM
I had a 7272 once that had a crack in the plastic picker assy, just near the solenoid.
You couldn't see it until the solenoid fired, Then the plastic opened up. This stopped the
solenoid from giving it's full travel.
Worth a look.

EarthKmTech
06-17-2013, 09:23 AM
another thing to watch out for is a multifeeding tray feeder.

even if the rubbers look good it may still multifeed, in which case, replace the feed unit.

ask the customer if they sometimes find blank sheets in their jobs if you are never able to see the machine malfunction. If they do, this is 100% the cause of the problem guaranteed. Been there, done that..

If the customer verifies this, you can find the tray at fault by examining the jam logs, there will be random jams all over the machine from one particular tray.

fixthecopier
06-17-2013, 09:53 AM
There is info that may help in this thread

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/rants-raves-everything-else/78342-bad-paper.html

methogod
06-17-2013, 10:19 AM
set whatever tray they are using to PINK/GREEN or BLUE paper, it will slightly adjust voltages that should help.

I have 2 920s that are pigs and like to eat paper too. We run all 5 other machines as normal, but these 2 machines nothing we do will fix them, tried everything, finally just set every tray to COLORED paper, and we never get any flipping.

One 1 machine we have see the high voltage unit, one that controls the lower corona need replacing with no codes or faults. Just not enough juice or something.

pappyvonsillypants
06-18-2013, 09:26 PM
Is it giving a j21 code? if you are not seeing any issues with the claws its the trans sep unit. to be sure add an extra wrap to the springs on the pickers of the drum to ensure their tension.

Custom Search