PDA

View Full Version : Administrator is currently logged in??

Custom Search

Mitch Barron
04-29-2013, 04:36 PM
Hello Everyone,

I am currently working on a KM Bizhub c203 and i am trying to login to the administrator settings in the web interface. Just pulled this machine from a customer and am trying to get it setup for the next customer. Upon login as administrator, i enter the code 12345678, and i get the messege that a administrator is currently loggin in when i know for a fact that there isn't. I realize that it was probably caused from not logging out while in administrator mode and then closing down the browser, but regardless, i still have the problem. Any info on the walk-around or a fix would be great! Thanks a bunch!!

Darren King
04-29-2013, 05:09 PM
Try using Firefox or Google Chrome.

SmellsHot
04-30-2013, 01:11 PM
go into service mode, change the admin password, cycle the power and that should do the trick too....but i would do what Darren mentioned first

blackcat4866
05-01-2013, 02:03 AM
Is somebody using the machine at the time?

It took me a while to figure this out. I had a salesman there during installation. While I was attempting to access the web interface to make network settings, the salesman would periodically open and close doors, make copies, enter Utility Menu, etc., effectively blocking my access. Once I did figure it out I thought it would be a good idea to mess with him. It only takes ~ 10 seconds to sign in. Once I was signed in, he was blocked.

=^..^=

Darren King
05-01-2013, 02:21 AM
Every time this has happened to me it has been because of IE. As soon as I switched to either Firefox or Chrome, problem solved. It may be a firmware issue or an IE version issue. I wasn't interested enough to try to find out. It only takes about 30 seconds to download Chrome.
Darren

TheOwl
05-01-2013, 03:02 AM
Is it happening even after power cycling the machine with out the web interface currently connected?

Mitch Barron
05-01-2013, 06:41 AM
Is it happening even after power cycling the machine with out the web interface currently connected?
It is happening all the time. I tried using firefox now. I was logged in for about 1 minute...started changing settings....then it timed out even though i was filling in fields....:confused: After i couldnt login anymore. Again, admin currently logged in. Gonna try resetting the password in administrator more. Great big thanks to you guys. This is a great site. Power cycling didnt help. Sometimes i wish i was in a skyscraper with this machine....would be an awesome show watching it smash to bits on the pavement.:D Thanks again!

TheOwl
05-01-2013, 06:59 AM
Here is one thing to try with IE then:

1. Internet Options
2. In the General Tab, click on Settings within the Browsing History
3. Select the option from "Every time I visit the webpage"
4. Ok
5. Ok
6. Reload the webpage

Konica Minolta devices also have a short time out period while logged in as an Administrator as it does lock up the machine so that users can't copy, scan or print to it. I always make sure that I have any info I need before jumping into the web interface so that the page can't timeout on me.

Mitch Barron
05-01-2013, 03:59 PM
That did it!! Now i can finally work again! Sometimes I could pull all my hair out and shove it down the blowhole of these printers and computers...but when everything works again it sure is a good feeling. Thanks for all the help guys! Let me know if i can return the favour in any way! Have a good evening!

Custom Search