PDA

View Full Version : c-451/ P-31 I CAST YOU OUT

Custom Search

DigiMan
04-29-2013, 06:21 PM
Holla everyone!
I have a C-451 with a persistent P-31 and the wretched thing wont leave me alone!I've found a previous thread on this matter(on a c450 though) but i still cant seem to work my way around this.According to the bible i've checked the sensors(PC45 PC46) through sensor check(they seem to work),opened the rear of the machine and cleaned them with a blower,cleaned(with my hands though :rolleyes:)that decoder-like disc in which the sensors are on,and guess what..nothing.I think someone on that thread said something about the harnesses of those sensors beeing switched but how could that be since the machine has never been opened there?
At this time im like mehhh.
Any insight on something i might have missed??

Thanks in advance :o

Darren King
04-29-2013, 08:28 PM
I was able to find this
P-31
Black PC drive main sensor (PC16)
Black PC drive sub sensor (PC18)
Transport drive assy
Mechanical control board (MFPB)

Step Action
1 Perform the faulty sensor check procedure. *1
2Check the sensor, for which a faulty condition has been checked, for installed position and
proper connector connection.
3 Wipe the sensor, for which a faulty condition has been checked, clean of dirt if any.
4 If P-31 persists, change the transport drive assy.
5 Change MFPB.

*1: Faulty sensor check procedure1.Open the front door and turn ON the main power switch of the machine.
2.Call the [Sensor Check] screen to the screen by way of Service Mode.
3. Close the front door and start [Stabilizer].
4.During the stabilizer sequence, check to see if the values of the phase detection sensors

(black PC drive main/sub sensors) change.
5.A sensor is faulty if its value does not change

Hope this helps.
Darren

DigiMan
05-01-2013, 09:28 AM
Thank you for your reply but i already knew these things :p
Just wanted to know if someone had similar problem and fixed it without performing any part changes
in which case i will be doing next if i wont solve this conventially.

DigiMan
06-29-2013, 09:21 AM
I know this is an old thread but since i got it solved thought i might give a heads up about it.

P-31 persistent alert code/Black registration off(you had to restart machine for it to stop before it started again)and a trouble code frequently appearing(cant remember which one it was sorry).

Changed main drive assy all problems dissapearred at last.
By the way changing that thing was really "interesting".:mad:
I think im traumatized.

Custom Search