PDA

View Full Version : mx-m623n folding rear lead edge of paper

Custom Search

tboatman
04-29-2013, 10:16 PM
I have a 623n with approx. 140k on it and it folds the rear lead edge of the paper once every twenty five to thirty copies. I have disassembled the machine and cleaned it and checked all the guides. Any ideas would help.

DavePo
04-30-2013, 01:04 PM
Does it do this from all cassettes or just one? Does it do it before or after the fuser? Does it have a finisher?

tboatman
04-30-2013, 02:19 PM
It has a finisher on it. It does it from trays one and two and it does it before the drum unit.

blackcat4866
05-01-2013, 01:52 AM
I'm not familiar with this particular machine but I've seen flipped corners on the leading edge a couple of times.

On the bizhub PRO950 it's usually caused by scraps of paper crammed into the front of the paper inlet at the top of the vertical path. They get there when the enduser disregards the jam removal prompts. The screen says: "Open right door" so they pull out the imaging drawer. Logical, eh?

On the bizhub C360 I've seen it caused by the pre-registration plastic guide closing a little too tightly. Where the outer guide contacts the inner guide, I've added a few self-adhesive control panel stickers to space it out an additional ~0.5mm. I read it here, and it works on that model.

I hope that helps. =^..^=

Custom Search