PDA

View Full Version : FS 527 keeps breaking ltray lift gear.

Custom Search

Max
05-01-2013, 04:58 PM
I have a FS 527 attached to (652) that keeps breaking tray lift gear every couple of weeks/months I have changed the top and bottom home position sensors and they are being activated when the trays go up and down. Any ideas any one??

blackcat4866
05-02-2013, 12:04 AM
I've changed about 1/2 dozen of the Gear 18T, but never the same machine twice.

Be sure to straighten out the upper limit switch flag. Once you done it a couple times, it's not that difficult to remove the flag to do a proper job of straightening it. =^..^=

Max
05-02-2013, 11:38 AM
Is it the thin bar thats on the shift plate of tray 1. the one that moves up as the tray lifts. Just took it out and it is a wit warped in the middle. I guess as the tray moves up it gets bent just a bit to miss the sensor.

blackcat4866
05-03-2013, 12:34 AM
Is it the thin bar thats on the shift plate of tray 1. the one that moves up as the tray lifts. Just took it out and it is a wit warped in the middle. I guess as the tray moves up it gets bent just a bit to miss the sensor.

That's the one. Often the center plastic part gets deformed. If it's not weakened yet you can heat it up a little to re-form it to the proper shape. From what you've said, it's probably toast. Now would be a good time to replace it. Also take a picture so that on the next machine you will know what it should look like.

PS: Don't start the plastic part on fire. It's fun to watch, but doesn't usually solve the problem. =^..^=

Custom Search