PDA

View Full Version : DP-770 and lift issues

Custom Search

ES-OGT
05-01-2013, 06:52 PM
Has anyone seen a problem where the doc feed (specifically the DP-770) on the new TASKalfa's won't lift? It doesn't cause an error code or jam it just says to reseat the paper. My hunch is the upper lift sensor is dead because both lights are activated when the tray is down. Just curious if anyone else has seen this problem.

blackcat4866
05-01-2013, 11:49 PM
On the CS-8030 DP and the DP700 on the FalconIII, all it takes is a paper clip or curl of paper to fall down into the lift plate sensor.

It can be intermittent because raising the DP can cause the paper clip to shift front to rear. =^..^=

Robob
07-25-2015, 12:47 AM
Yep, I'm getting the same symptom on a 3500i with DP-700 not lifting. I cleaned out all the dust and paper clips (of course) but the lift motor just seems to stall sporadically. Even more frequently, now that I've cleaned everything. I'm going back with firmware, and I've ordered the lift motor and sensor for good measure.

You guys find out anything since 2013 posts? :cool:

jmaister
08-13-2015, 02:50 AM

see that little stopper? If that is bent, it will effect the accuracy of your lift motor. AND you cant test the lift motor accurately in maintenance mode with this buggered as well.

Just my 2 cents.

subaro
08-13-2015, 01:55 PM
Remove the pickup roller assy and examine the plastic block[this is the assy that sits on the dp cover]. One of the projections get broken off and does not actuate the lift sensor. A tech had this problem at the shop and changed almost everything including dp board,motor and sensor. A call to one of the road techs pointed out the solution as i mentioned earlier.

still
07-14-2017, 01:55 PM
Thanks that was it. So happy I found this post

egpatl
09-27-2017, 04:09 PM
Hey guys, we have had this problem several times if you go to simulation 243 then open top cover of the feeder and cheat the interlock with the cover open run the lift option if the lift tray works it's the holder ass'y causing the problem (it's the black housing that holds the feed belt and the lead feed roller) take it out and make sure the flag and the latch on the front of the ass'y are still in place if either one of those are broken it will not lift.

copier tech
10-24-2018, 05:15 PM
I found this part broken but dont see how this stops the lifter plate operating, Even holding the pick up roller unit up doesnt help!

George J
10-24-2018, 08:35 PM
if it's somewhere half way it is detected by a sensor that gives the ok for the lift plate to move. If it's up the lift plate stops going up. if it's too low the machine assumes it's in the up position.

copier tech
10-25-2018, 06:27 AM
if it's somewhere half way it is detected by a sensor that gives the ok for the lift plate to move. If it's up the lift plate stops going up. if it's too low the machine assumes it's in the up position.

Ok thanks, I see the sensor actuator part is tiny so if I held it in possition woukd have to be very accurate/lucky to hit the sensor!

copyTcat
11-14-2018, 11:49 PM
Ok thanks, I see the sensor actuator part is tiny so if I held it in possition woukd have to be very accurate/lucky to hit the sensor!

Do you have the part number for the housing where that knob is broken?

copier tech
11-15-2018, 06:10 AM
Do you have the part number for the housing where that knob is broken?

Holder LF - 303LL07140

Meowboy
04-07-2022, 03:28 PM
Hi,

Thx for the solution, i'v got a DP-770 with the same issues, i've changed the HOLDER LF and it's OK.

copier tech
04-07-2022, 09:48 PM
Hi,

Thx for the solution, i'v got a DP-770 with the same issues, i've changed the HOLDER LF and it's OK.

You're welcome.

Custom Search