PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C203 no display or motors after....

Custom Search

axyun
05-01-2013, 07:02 PM
Customer moved Bizhub C203 without disconnecting Ethernet cable thereby damaging connector. Customer had to use USB until repaired. I disconnected MFP board and took to a friend who desoldered and repaired and resoldered connection back to board.
I reinstalled board but not machine won't go into ready, no display and no motors. Just hear fan come on in back.
When I turned power off before removing board I turned off main power switch behind front without having turned off power from operation panel first. Is it possible I caused a problem with power supply or is it more likely a problem on the MFP board my friend worked on. There were only 3 connectors. The one on top right side-by-side connection, the hard drive connector and the ribbon cable under the other 2.
Any advice you can give is very much appreciated as long as it isn't to stay away from Bizhubs(joke). I hope you are having a good day, Frank/ActionPhotocopy

JSC
05-01-2013, 07:05 PM
Check the dimms and or ram are in the correct slots.....

JR2ALTA
05-01-2013, 07:12 PM
Any ribbon cables? If they are cocked at all can cause this

Darren King
05-01-2013, 09:12 PM
Did you remove the cable that runs to the control panel? If so, check that some of the pins aren't bent.

axyun
05-01-2013, 10:53 PM
Thanks to all for responding. The DIMMS are in same place , never touched but I will remove and clean and reseat. There is one ribbon cable but it is intact. I did disconnect the control panel cable but did not check when I reinstalled. I am not getting motors turning either so I don't think it would just be cable unless that would stop machine from initializing. Frank

Darren King
05-01-2013, 10:57 PM
Thanks to all for responding. The DIMMS are in same place , never touched but I will remove and clean and reseat. There is one ribbon cable but it is intact. I did disconnect the control panel cable but did not check when I reinstalled. I am not getting motors turning either so I don't think it would just be cable unless that would stop machine from initializing. Frank

If the control panel is disconnected the machine will not power up.

axyun
05-01-2013, 11:10 PM
Thanks for that little( I mean BIG) tidbit Darren. There is a tiny switch near the ethernet connector on the board and it affects the display connection. The switch may have been move to the other position when my friend was soldering it. I hope so because that sucker is expensive and I can see myself buying a machine before the board. Frank

axyun
05-03-2013, 12:03 AM
Returned to customer today with board and the ribbon cable did have a slight problem in one corner. You were right JR2ALTA about that. Machine sounded better but still no ready or display. Moved SW600 switch to on position on the board then the machine went into ready. Good going Darren. Thanks guys for your help. Frank

blackcat4866
05-03-2013, 12:07 AM
Whew! Good catch. =^..^=

axyun
05-03-2013, 12:10 AM
I was so relieved to get the machine working again that I forgot to tell you the customer is networking again. FRank

Custom Search