PDA

View Full Version : di 470 problem feeding

Custom Search

brent
05-01-2013, 07:14 PM
craziest thing ever. the paper will feed out of the tray and it hits the first set of feed rollers in the transport section. and it will pinch and sometimes even go through an inch. but immediately stops. I have tried all kinds of different stock. and nothing. kind of confusing but I initialized it. just to make sure the transport motor or something wasnt going goofy. and nothing has worked thus far. any thoughts on this
?

brent

scottybbb
05-01-2013, 07:25 PM
Try cleaning bearings at each end of registration roller.

Darren King
05-01-2013, 08:03 PM
If it is at the top just before it turns to go horizontal then scottybbb is likely correct. The bushings get gummed up and cause jams. If it is in the vertical then I would check the sensor in service mode to see if it is functioning.

brent
05-01-2013, 10:09 PM
I got it. actually feel pretty dumb. there was a jam in the fuser. and it did not register. but it caused this to jam every time. I am thinking that it might have moved the paper enough to trigger the exit switch and fake the machine out. anyways there was paper in both sections and it would not feed .. I should have checked first before posting here

thanks
brent

Custom Search