PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta Bh223 with wrong toner

Custom Search

krm
05-03-2013, 04:39 AM
Customer put wrong toner into machine producing "speckled" background. I removed bad toner bottle, vacuumed sub hopper, cleaned waste/recycle auger and ran copies until it called for toner. Then I put OEM toner in. My question: Can I just re develop or do I need to also replace drum unit? Customer is low volume and does not want to spend much on it.
Thanks in advance.

pepper38_cnd
05-03-2013, 11:48 AM
First to answer your question. If the Drum is low mileage you may get away with just replacing the dev, but you must go through the process as if you have replaced both drum and dev or it will code out.

Secondly: Unless this customer is a personal friend or relative of yours, why try and save them money? They were not thinking of you, or the business you are employed by when they deliberately put he wrong toner in the machine. Most likely they were trying to save some money themselves and cutting into your businesses profits! There are times when customers need to learn from their mistakes. Maybe this is one of those times.

Toxic
05-03-2013, 12:01 PM
@pepper38_cnd

+1

SmellsHot
05-03-2013, 12:44 PM
I'd quote em everything the toner touches :p

blackcat4866
05-04-2013, 02:23 AM
I would not offer anything resembling a labor warranty unless it got OEM toner and DV411 developer, TCR sensor adjust and gradation. It could take months at low volume to purge all the wrong toner, with crappy copies all along the way. And they'll hate you for copy quality regardless of the money they saved. =^..^=

Custom Search