PDA

View Full Version : di470 does not know it has new toner cartridge

Custom Search

adm22
05-04-2013, 12:36 AM
Konica Minolta di470 had an empty toner cartridge. This is normally an easy fix. A new one was added.
The copier however thinks it still has the empty one in it. It will run 2 or 3 copies then stop saying to add toner. Opening the door an closing it again allows one to make another 2 or 3 copies. Not how things are supposed to work. Have run off about 100 copies in this fashion and the print quality has not gotten any worse.
Steps taken to try and fix- none worked thus the question here.
1) Unplugged the unit for about a half hour in case something needed resetting. This has worked for me on a wide variety of devices.
2) New toner cartridge taken out of machine, shaken a bit and reinstalled (tried this several times). Made a bit of a mess since was unable to completely plug the hole. So no I did not forget to pull the strap.
3) Went into the servicer's menu and changed the setting in allow copies for add toner.
4) When the toner cartridge was removed hoovered out the area that cartridge goes into just in case something had plugged things up.
5) Hit the replenish toner button in the user menu.
Can find no suggestions for this in the service manual. Nor on the forum. Although the general search terms I was using returned over 1000 pages :(One thing I did notice is that previously when the old cartridge was near its demise the machine would say please wait while I am guessing it rotated the cartridge a bit to try and get toner. It is not eve trying to do this now. On a possibly unrelated note the 33k page cartridge lasted for less than 10k copies.
Thanks in advance

Darren King
05-04-2013, 02:29 AM
Have you had the back off the machine lately? There is a sensor on the bottom left that needs to be blocked. If the back isn't on straight the sensor won't be blocked and you will get an add toner message.
Hope this helps.
Darren

JustManuals
05-04-2013, 02:57 AM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

adm22
05-04-2013, 03:52 AM
Have you had the back off the machine lately? There is a sensor on the bottom left that needs to be blocked. If the back isn't on straight the sensor won't be blocked and you will get an add toner message.Hope this helps.Darren
Thanks. The back of the unit was actually not attached to the machine and was sitting next to it. Reattached it and after warming up ran off 10 copies with no problem. Since it appears to have been off for a long time I am wondering why I never encountered the problem before. I tend to only look at things that have changed when figuring out a problem.

Custom Search