PDA

View Full Version : Just bought C654 and want some input and opinions.

Custom Search

mi109
05-04-2013, 04:47 PM
My boss finally said enough is enough with buying used irc4080's and fixing our canon ir c4080. It has been a nightmare lately and the only reason why we kept putting up with it is because at this point in time we know everything there is to know about it.

But he went to the Postnet convention down in Orlando and finally bought a new printer. I would like to know are some of your impressions on the new C654's and c754's? Can i expect it to have a better life cycle than our old canons? And if you had to rate them on a scale from 1-10 what would you rate it? Is there any do's and dont's with this printer? Are there any neat features that would come in handy with our type of business? Thanx

RRodgers
05-04-2013, 05:14 PM
My boss finally said enough is enough with buying used irc4080's and fixing our canon ir c4080. It has been a nightmare lately and the only reason why we kept putting up with it is because at this point in time we know everything there is to know about it.

But he went to the Postnet convention down in Orlando and finally bought a new printer. I would like to know are some of your impressions on the new C654's and c754's? Can i expect it to have a better life cycle than our old canons? And if you had to rate them on a scale from 1-10 what would you rate it? Is there any do's and dont's with this printer? Are there any neat features that would come in handy with our type of business? Thanx

What is your type of business........

mi109
05-04-2013, 05:40 PM
We are similar to a Fedex/Kinkos. Except we do more business printing than walk-in copying. We do alot of booklets and poster's and what not.

EarthKmTech
05-05-2013, 03:18 AM
did you get a finisher with it ?

anything other than very occasional finishing use i would recommend the "large finisher" FS-535, The smaller finishers (FS-534) are not up-to the task of production type usage - It will be OK for some time, but it will end in tears.

The C654/C754 is a decent machine, unlike its smaller, illegitimate cousins the C454/C554, they're pieces of sh*t in my opinion and will not last the distance of the C452/C552 series they replaced.

methogod
05-06-2013, 10:23 AM
should jump to a C6501, if your doing production - will open a lot of new revenue streams.

cost is about the same, used C6501 fully loaded is not more then $6500-9000, new C654 is at least 15K lease over 3 years, plus you can self maintain a C6501 for the most part and not pay per click.

Not to mention the quality difference, the registration difference....

night and day.

EarthKmTech
05-06-2013, 10:29 AM
self maintain a c6501 ?

clearly your end users are brighter than ours.

emujo
05-06-2013, 01:20 PM
On a technical level, the C754 is a marval...it is full of security stuff and advanced networking features..

Ports for printing from a USB device (wonderful for walkin customers that may or may not have the most recent virus waiting to wreak havoc on your workstation...Page Scope Mobile App for Iphone and android that allows printing/scanning from your device. Tons of applications that can help you do wonders with copy/print jobs..Normal maintenance is a breeze...all major portions are swappable assemblies that really cut down on down time...the only problem I have seen is when something related to the main boards craps out..due to the security features it can be a nightmare to get the MFP running correctly again. I have several of these approaching 500K with almost no issues. Divers are available through Win2008. Emujo

CompyTech
05-06-2013, 01:58 PM
C654/C754 seem to be really solid boxes. And as another has suggested go with the beefier finisher. I have seen too many times people will get a nice machine but skimp on the finisher and then complain cause they cant fold booklets over 10 pages lol. IMO this series is as close to production you're going to get without going there all the way.

mi109
05-06-2013, 02:27 PM
EDIT! A c554 was purchased not a c654!

methogod
05-06-2013, 03:03 PM
except for the fuser, and duplex - its straight forward.

I rather pull apart a C6501 then C650.

and the C554 is not as nice especially for production.

lots of mods and issues.

biggest issues with that series is the floating registration on the door, no way that it stay very consistent.

EarthKmTech
05-07-2013, 12:13 AM
EDIT! A c554 was purchased not a c654!

my condolences

Darren King
05-07-2013, 01:46 AM
my condolences

Haven't had any problems with our C554s. They seem very good.

PeterG
05-10-2013, 03:22 AM
Haven't had any problems with our C554s. They seem very good.

Yeah, I agree. I think they are a decent enough copier. As long as the salesman doesn't try & replace a 452 or 552 with them.
What am I saying? Of course the Fucking salesmen will sell them as a direct replacement.:mad:

EarthKmTech
05-10-2013, 09:41 AM
Yeah, I agree. I think they are a decent enough copier. As long as the salesman doesn't try & replace a 452 or 552 with them.
What am I saying? Of course the Fucking salesmen will sell them as a direct replacement.:mad:

No shit,

thats my problem precisely. *IN MY OPINION* these machines are cheap and flimsy and don't even deserve to stand in the shadow of the c452 series.

They should be considered what they are, a sped up medium duty office machine, C452's etc that were being used heavily should be replaced by C654/754 - that'll never happen though, its all about having the cheapest machine out that'll do 45 / 55ppm.

Avskrap
05-17-2013, 07:29 AM

Yup... Saw that the OP bought a C6000 instead, so that's well and good.
But yeah, listening to the sales pitches of Konica Minolta sales personell and our own sales staff, they market it as a direct replacement for the C652 series which baffles me.
In no way, shape or form are the C554 series compareable to the C652 series in regards to durability.
We've had several C452s/C552s replaced by the C554 series of machines. No problems as of yet, except some remarks/problems with light/faded prints (luckily the C454 that has had the most problems is our own we've got in our demo hall, see my thread about it), since only one machine out of 60-ish has been delivered with an IC.

The C754 series though... I love them.

MVPunisher
10-04-2013, 09:42 PM
On a technical level, the C754 is a marval...it is full of security stuff and advanced networking features..

Ports for printing from a USB device (wonderful for walkin customers that may or may not have the most recent virus waiting to wreak havoc on your workstation...Page Scope Mobile App for Iphone and android that allows printing/scanning from your device. Tons of applications that can help you do wonders with copy/print jobs..Normal maintenance is a breeze...all major portions are swappable assemblies that really cut down on down time...the only problem I have seen is when something related to the main boards craps out..due to the security features it can be a nightmare to get the MFP running correctly again. I have several of these approaching 500K with almost no issues. Divers are available through Win2008. Emujo

Emujo- what is the trick with these mfp board issue you are referring to. This is really getting under my skin about to call tech support right now. This is not the first one I have done. First time no problem. Now this one doesn't want to take an mfp board.

I am doing the backup first, turning main power off then back on.

1st board I couldnt even get to boot up.
2nd board booted up and asked me if I wanted to do the recovery, I said yes. It did the recovery now it just keeps c-eee1 coding. Wont take a firmware upgrade (even tho service mode shows its at version 70)

I am not installing it wrong, like I said not only have I done one before but I can put the original one back in and it works.

Thanks for any insight....

Custom Search