PDA

View Full Version : 8031 jamming from LCT

Custom Search

laserman06
02-09-2008, 01:02 AM
I have a 8031 that has intermittant jamming from LCT. I just took this machine over from another tech. This problem has been going on for awhile. Machine will run fine for awhile. Then start jamming out of LCT.

First time I went out I cleaned all of the paper feed rollers and one ways. Thought that I had it fixed. Problem came back. We replaced the whole LCT. Convinced customer to get better paper. Ran perfect for about 2 weeks. Now the problem is back.:mad:

Any suggestions.

random
02-09-2008, 02:49 AM
Did you replace the unit with a new one or a used one? If not I can almost guarantee the feed tires. People see those types of tires and think they never need replacing when they do.

wagon
02-09-2008, 07:11 AM
You need to change ALL of the tyres in the lct - feed, sep & both sets of pickup tyres. Clean all of the one-way races and buff the shine off the shafts. Clean the paper dust from the sensors, too. These should be pretty reliable provided a few parts are kept up to scratch. Oh, and clean the vertical transport rollers too - you maybe getting a timing jam.

random
02-09-2008, 10:45 AM
Yes, some good point's here. Also is the machine jamming when using the LCT or jamming in general? From memory the machine will always default to the LCT when printing so what could be perceived as a LCT jam could be an engine jam. The fuser exit sensor is particularly bad for being intermittent.

laserman06
02-09-2008, 01:05 PM
It is the LCT jamming. I do have all the rollers on order. Will let you all know the outcome.

laserman06
02-15-2008, 04:59 AM
Well, I replaced all the rollers, even the ones I was told were good. But knowing they use the same time of rollers on kyocera, I replaced them too.:)

That was on Monday. It is now almost Friday. Customer has not called back in. Thanks to all for confirming my ideas.

wagon
02-15-2008, 05:42 AM
As Elvis liked to say.. Thank you very much.

Custom Search