PDA

View Full Version : Mita Pointsource Ci-7600

Custom Search

Ikoner
12-14-2005, 03:52 AM
I\'m working with an old Mita 7600 color copier that has an intermittent copy quality problem. Every once an a while there is a blur on the trail edge of the copies and I can\'t figure out where it\'s coming from. I\'m not too experienced with this model but I have been keeping it clean for the past few years and it keeps running. this is the first problem that cleaning the coronas and auto calibrating hasn\'t fixed.

Any help would be awesome.

raym
12-14-2005, 06:20 PM
i have never seen this model, however, i have worked on alot of copiers/printers and mainly mitas/copystars. having said that, i would line the trail edge up under the drum, or belt if thats what it uses, and see if your LEADING edge is beginning to enter the fuser/heater area. if so, could possibly be a soft/worn press roller or worn fuser bushings. those 2 things can make the trail edge \"slap\" against drum, causing a blurred trail edge.

good luck,
ray

12-15-2005, 03:54 AM
This is a pretty old school machine, I\'m surprised it\'s not dead yet!

I agree with Raym, its pretty common to get funky trail edge or wrinkling problems with this model when the fuser rollers wear out. there is a \"nip width\" or fuser pressure check inside the maintenance modes for this machine, It will run a page covered with cyan and stop it in the fuser for 5 or so seconds. look at the mark made across the paper, it should be even on both sides (+/- 1mm max). if they are not even your fuser rollers are toast $$$$$.

If that is good look at a possible fuser speed adjustment. Since this machine has a separate motor for the fuser, adjustments need to be made to compensate for wear. Cheat the front cover and remove the transfer belt assy cover. run a copy onto 11x17 and look at the buckle in the paper as it comes off the transfer belt and goes into the fuser. if the fuser speed is too slow the paper will get excess buckle and touch the upper fuser entrance guide or the separation corona assy. If you have too much buckle there is a fuser speed adjustment you can do. It is also in the maintenance modes somewhere. speed up the fuser just a little and your buckle will be gone, speed it up too much and you will get some other problems. you want some buckle just no too much.

12-15-2005, 03:56 AM
PS. this machine is the same as a Minolta CF-910 and a close relative of the CF-900 just in case there are any Minolta tech out there that can help out.

Custom Search